Hockey

Old 09-26-2005, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hockey

I am going to a red wing hockey game on Wednesday, I am working the stands. I have not worked with food in years. I volunteered to work the game, because 10% of the sale from the stands will be split among the parents that work the game and will come off our ice bill for the month. They said it could be around $60.00 off the ice bill. I am all for saving that kind of money. I am forcing myself to afford this for my son, it is worth it but where I can save money I will save. We will be traveling to Holland, MI at the beginning of the month of November for a hockey tournament. My sister lives there, so I will be staying with her, (if I can get a hold of her, I have been trying for three days now and no return call,) i wont have to pay for a hotel bill and be able to visit my sister (how cool is that).

I am very excited about going to a hockey game, I havent been in years, not able to afford it. I will be there (working yes), but just the excitment of it all and be able to sneak a peak once in awhile is good enough for me. I have always wanted a red wings hoodie Red is my favorite color.

I am better when I am busy I am going to have to find some hobbies outside of my children, but I am enjoying being busy with my children, and that is okay for now.

Today I am thinking about how lucky I am, I am blessed with so many wonderful things, that I seem to take for granted way too often. Today I am thankful just for today What are you thankful for?

Old 09-26-2005, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Very very good news! My brother now plays in Canada and its fabulous to see him making money doing something he has loved since he was 3. Its tough to be a hockey mom, no doubt about it. Such an expensive sport and so time consuming. But it all is worth it when you watch your child doing something they love (and it helps when they sign a contract and get paid

GOOD FOR YOU! Although I now have to tell you my dear Emily that I am an AVS fan so about the Red Wings, um cant help you there, thats just wrong

Sarah Elizabeth
Old 09-26-2005, 09:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

glad you are getting out and doing things that you enjoy!

i'm thankful for getting to work safely this morning - the remnants of Rita were alive and well in ohio - monsoon - the roads were tricky coupled with the fact that it is dark in the morning when i am driving to work now - visibility was poor.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The last couple of days here were pretty yucky outside here too. Rain, rain, rain, but much needed rain where I am. Our grass is turning to hay.

I am glad you got to work safe too. This is one reason that I am hoping that they change their mind about changing daylight savings time. I guess the government is pushing to not changes the clocks anymore at all. It give more daylight earlier in the am for us traveling to work and kids walking to the bus stop.