Avoiding places he will be..

Old 09-22-2005, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Avoiding places he will be..

So it's been 1 year since we broke up..I'm happier in general, dating a great guy but if I'm 100% honest, I'm not over him..that's why I didn't return his call 2 weeks ago after his dad died..It is still painful for me..As much as I want to hear from him, I know it will hurt..

Phoenix is a small town. (it feels that way to me) My exABF is an extremely talented musician (one of the reasons I fell in love with him..He's an amazing flamenco guitarist)..

I still am not able to listen to that type of music without tearing up and in general I avoid any events and/or restaurants that I know he will be at..

I'm a little bummed because there is this great (romantic) event that occurs at Christmas time in Phoenix. It's called Las Noches de Las Luminaries. It usually sells out and tickets are on sale now.

They light up the desert botanical garden with candles and have musicians playing throughout the night..it's a great event..I didn't go last year because I knew he would be playing and it would hurt..

WELL - he's playing again this year..On one hand I'm happy for him (it means alot of $$).. well more money for him to drink and drug with..

On the other hand - I don't think I can go with my new boyfriend because it would be too painful (yes I know it's 3 months away) to hear him play..I spent much of the past 2 years I was with him supporting his music with my heart and soul..I can't tell you the nights I sat enthralled while he composed songs for me in my living room and serenated me..such incredibly beautiful music..

I guess I know what the answer is..Not to go again this year..

Old 09-22-2005, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Minx))) alcoholism affects every thread of our lives when we are around it; it surprises me sometimes the impact it has on my day to day living. I am sorry about this....wishing you peace of mind.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

(((((Minx))))))

I can feel your pain through your post. I know how you feel at times. It's so hard, but you have come a long way!! Remember this to shall pass.

Perhaps, you and your new bf could go somewhere else fun and romantic around the time this event is going on...?? That way you can be far away from it, and maybe start your own tradition.

Have you been to Puerto Penasco, Rocky Pointe? That place holds so many special memories to me and my son!! I love that place!!