acceptance

Old 09-24-2005, 09:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think acceptance is not trying to look at every reason for why a sitaution is happening. It just is what it is! It can take a lot of time for others and a very short time for other people.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cwohio
can you ACCEPT that there are peeps that love stawberry creams?
Yes, they get jobs in circus sideshows don't they? People pay, then wince as the strawberry cream is eaten. Other than that they are purely used to give everyone something to avoid in a box of chocolates.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

OK... now that I have gained 10lbs from looking at that... can someone pass the "real" cream for this coffee.

I dont know what acceptance really is, Im fighting it right now. Not so much with an ex or anything but more with life. A friend told me it was alot of letting go and letting God, Im not real good with that one either but progress not perfections right.

Dont mind me, I think Im depressed today....... More pastries please
Old 09-24-2005, 12:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Old 09-26-2005, 05:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I went to a f to f meeting on Friday night, it was good to be there, I havent been to a f to f in a very long time. I was able to see familiar faces and that was nice. There were so many there this past Friday that we had to break off in two groups

Are topic, acceptance. I have spent way to much of my life fighting for change, and not accepting things the way they are. I didnt realize how much time was spent trying to change things, the heartache of pleading and wondering why.

It is what it is, I can chose to stay away from things that I think are unacceptable for me in my life, but have no right to tell other people what should or shouldnt be acceptable in there life.

This is something that my father always told me, and it really hits home to me with acceptance. You had better like who you marry, because you are not going to change him. Loving someone for who they are, not who they could be.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

emily - glad you went back to a face-to-face meeting. i think going regularly helps me stayed grounded. your father had the right concept for sure!
Old 09-26-2005, 06:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You had better like who you marry, because you are not going to change him. Loving someone for who they are, not who they could be.
I think this has to be the case or all you can love is an image your mind has created, not flesh and blood, not a real person. It's a really good way of putting it.