Stupid hurt post!

Old 09-23-2005, 08:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks cwohio and susane...

We just got back from APAS - one of D's tasks is to avoid high adrenaline stuff like going into town alone, ONLY until his referal comes through. Hopefully no more trying to fix it himself rather than wait. It was actually quite a good session - we had an older bloke who started off a bit nervous and daunted but relaxed loads once he realised we both have a sense of humour, then he was much more confident.

I'm not sure if I should but I couldn't help but see the funny side at dinner. D said we might get a couple of strange calls - I asked why and he said he'd handed out our number to a few people and one or two said they would call. So I said:
"Well at least the friend making project was partly successful." (Only after I'd choked on my coffee and D asked if I could answer and pretend it was a wrong number!!) He doesn't THINK he gave out our address or his full name!

Oh and my Dad emailed...... with a list of computer problems for D to fix!!! (Also made me laugh by then!).

I'm off to the auction room viewing with my mate soon - I can feel the relief even before it hits!!
Old 09-23-2005, 08:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

(((((((((((((("D")))))))))))))))). Some for him too.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sorry, E, but I couldn't help chuckling about way he told you about the phone call stuff.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I dont really have anything to say but wanted you to know Im here and listening.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) ))))))
Old 09-23-2005, 01:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone - it has been one hell of a day!

I saw my friend for the first time since we went away. So much good has come out of it - I'm still in shock tohave friends like that. She's offered to meet me at lunch when I'm at work (on her day off) and even go and pick D up so he can come too (because he's not driving at the moment). Her and her other half come round us with such strength - her other half's response was to make sure D knew the play station nights were still on. Apparently he was a nightmare while we were away so they both wanted D to know it doesn't matter and that he's still a good friend.

And for me? My mate said come whenever I want, leave our two dogs there if ever I need to, ring any time day or night, but she asked me to just remember they will both ALWAYS be there for me.

With that and what I have here I'm one lucky wee girly!! You know when stuff is hard you learn so much about all kinds of things, it's hard to ever think regretfully and maybe fear is a bit misplaced because there's good stuff even in the worst times.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Just a little update - we're having a good day today!! D came with me to the market and went to look at the bookstall alone while I got in the scrum for the fruit and veg (nightmare wait - loads of shouting prices and people pushing!).

D was fine and he said he still feels a bit less fear than he did but I kept checking over my shoulder to see if he was still there. The really odd thing is that I have absolutely NO IDEA if that's an over reaction on my part (checking he was staying at the bookstall) - I haven't a clue. It's not like I really thought he'd go anywhere else and I was glad he came to the market and that he went to the books rather than stay by me in the scrum but I felt myself being so wary and aware of where he was and what he was doing. Anyway he was fine.

I've decided to ask for a meeting at work with my manager on Monday, it looks like I'll be ok to go in (at the moment). I'm going to be 100% honest about what happened on Thursday. I've kept them up to date all along because I suppose I knew that would be easier than expalining the whole lot at once if it did disrupt work. I'm going to ask what flexibility they can offer me, whether I can take unpaid leave, whether knowing what's happening they are ok with me taking A/L without much notice, whether I can use all my leave then maybe take some unpaid at a later date. I'm going to lay my cards on the table that if the only way I can do what I need to here is to take sick time I will do that - but that I'd prefere to keep the work disruption to a minimum. The doctors offer me whatever time I want (last time they offered a month!!) as soon as they flick D's notes on screen! Last time they wrote 'Stress' on the sicknote and I thought 'you're not kidding!!' BUT it did feel odd to take time sick when I was fit to work.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:17 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

((equus & D))