Blogs

Notices

Request received. Armor all.

Old 11-27-2002, 07:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

I'm tellin' ya'll, I have a feeling this suit of armor is going to be my FAVORITE OUTFIT!!!!!!! But I have one problem. Gray really isn't my color. Could I get it in pink? No, no wait. I need RED cause that is a POWER color!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 07:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!

Okay... everybody suit up for the holidays!
Old 11-27-2002, 07:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Fini!
Old 11-27-2002, 07:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I love you guys! and I love this.
SO MUCH FUN!!
Old 11-27-2002, 07:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Just trying mine out....

Old 11-27-2002, 07:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hangin' in! Of course you may have any color you want. But I would ask you to consider the invisible model. Imagine the look of dismay when the armored-against party wonders just what they have run into!

And Liveweyerd- shall I put in a request for you for the double thick "hear no evil" noggin deflector?
Old 11-27-2002, 07:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I just noticed on mine that there is a handy "Butt Cover" at the back...so at any given time I have my butt covered. LOL
Old 11-27-2002, 08:12 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

OH, PLEASE, would you?!

lmao
Old 11-27-2002, 09:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Smoke,

The suggestion of the invisible model is quite enticing, but I think I prefer the red. Know why? Cause I can EMBARRASS THE FOOL out of my daughter when I wear it in front of the entire world!!!! Hey, it's payback for all the times she.......uh, nevermind.....

Ok guys, I've been holding my tongue, but I have to ask.....

Do you think this armor is going to make my fanny look big? Ok, alright......make it look BIGGER?.....
Old 11-27-2002, 09:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You will have "Buns of Steel" Hangin' In.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:54 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

For Hangin' In
Attached Images
File Type: gif
armor.gif (27.0 KB, 101 views)

Old 11-28-2002, 08:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Applause applause

What a fantastic group effort. One of these days we need to have a huge group meeting. (preferably somewhere warm) I didn't think it was possible to get as much as I do...from a www. Thanks everybody!!! Happy Holiday...and away we go.

Anne
Old 11-28-2002, 08:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Morning Glory,

My picuture has been splashed all over the internet????

I AM SO HONORED!!!!!!!

And guess what, guys???? Just in time as my daughter was quacking so loud tonight that the neighbors could have heard her.
It HAD been a delightful day. Oh well.......

BUT THANKS Morning. You made me smile and it couldn't have come at a better time. Isn't it nice how the HP provides some relief in the midst of a disasterous night. That's what is so good about Him.
Old 11-28-2002, 08:23 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

MG,

That's great!!! Duck pond depth gauge!! Yikes!!
I think it's time to change my avatar.

Blessings to all,
Vinnie
Old 11-29-2002, 01:50 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving friends and family. I noticed that you have this armour out and it reminds me of the biblical phrase taken from Ephesians 6:11 where the apostle Paul states "why" we need this armor. He says, "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." As Paul continues in the sixth chapter of Ephesians he reveals who our battle is against. He says, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalitiies, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:12).

This is how the enemy works! He repeatly hits
you with lies, suggestions, allegations and one slanderous assault after another and another. He tries to wear you down, and then takes you captive in one of your weaker moments.

He tries to pave a road into your mind (methodos) and then confuse your emotions with "mind games" (noemata), and then deceives you to the point that you actually begin to believe his threats---and thus, your false perception empowers his lies to become a reality in your life.

This is the reason you must: "Clothe yourself with the whole panoply (the loinbelt, breastplate, shoes and greaves shield, helmet, sword and lance) that comes from God, for the sole purpose that you may have explosive and dynamic power to stand proud and upright, fact to face and eyeball to eyeball against the roads that the slanderer would try to pave into your mind" (Ephesians 6:11, REV).

I have not yet really begun to describe the rank and file of the (devil) enemy. But I will if you so wish to know.

Just for Today----------------------------I am Sober :shades2:
Old 11-29-2002, 06:22 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Paused

Yes please Pernell

I think I finally have an excuse for my husband behavior.

But that's not why I want to hear it, it's very interesting and informative.
Old 11-29-2002, 07:21 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Principalities and Powers:

What are these evil forces that are constantly working behind the scenes to seduce, deceive, control and manipulate the flesh and the mind?

Paul continues, For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Paul tells us there are four classifications of demon spirits. He says there are (1) "principalities," (2) "powers," (3) "rulers of the darkness of this world," and (4) "spiritual wickedness in high places."

Before we deal with each of these individually, first something else must be noted. Notice Paul mentions the word "against" in Ephesians 6:12 four times in connection with the devil! Why is this important? Because grammatically, he could have used the word "against" once in reference to all four of these things. But rather than do this, he chose to repeat the word "against" again, again, again and again.

When the truth is repeated in scripture like this, it is always for the sake of emphasis. For instance, in John, chapters fourteen, fifteen and sixteen, Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as "the Comforter" four times. This clearly means that the Lord Jesus Christ was trying to drive a very important truth into our hearts about the Holy Spirit.

So when God is dealing with truth that is of paramount importance, or when God calls an extremely important Biblical character, He always repeats Himself. This, of course, leads us back to Ephesians 6:12 where the Holy Spirit repeats the word "against" four times within the context of one verse! This means the Holy Spirit is telling us something very, very, very important.

The word "against" used four times in this verse, is taken from the word pros. The word pros always depicts a "forward position" or a face to face encounter. This means at some point in our experience, we will come into direct contact with evil forces. The word pros in Ephesians 6:12 could be translated,,,,"face to face with principalities, eyeball to eyeball with powers, head on with rulers of the darkness of this world, and shoulder to shoulder with spiritual wickedness in high places."

The Rank and File of the Devil:
All serious scholars agree that the language of Ephesian 6:12 is military language. It seems evident that Paul had received a revelation of how Satan's kingdom has been aligned militarily.

At the very top of Satan's dark domain, there is a group of demon spirits whom Paul calles "principalities." The word "principality" is taken from the word arxhas (arch-as), an old word that is used symbolically to denote "ancient, ancient times." Furthermore, it is also used to depict individuals who "hold the highest and loftiest position of rank and authority."

Then Paul continues to mention "powers" as those evil forces that are second in command in Satan's dark dominion. The word "powers" is taken from the word exousia (ex-ou-sia), and it denotes "delegated authority."

This tells us that there is a lower ranking group of demon spirits who have received "delegated authority" from Satan to do whatever they want to do, wherever they desire to do it. The second group of demon spirits have "delegated authority" to carry out all manner of evil and wickedness.

Next Paul mentions "the rulers of the darkness of this world." What an amazing word this is! It is taken from the word kosmokrateros (kos-mo-kra-te-ros), and is a compound of the words kosmos and kratos. The word denotes "order" or "arrangement," while the word kratos has to do with "raw power."

Why did the ancient Greeks use the word kosmokrateros to depict certain aspects of the military? Because the military was filled with young men who had a lot of natural ability--raw power, if you will. In order for that raw power to be effective, it had to be harnessed and organized (kosmos). Thus, young soldiers with abounding energy were taught to be submitted, disciplined, ordered and perfectly arranged. This is the picture of rank and file. In the end, all of those men, with all of that raw ability, were turned into a massive force.

Finally, Paul mentions "spiritual wickedness in high places." The word "wickedness" is taken from the word poneros (po-ne-ros), and it is used to depict something that is "bad," "vile," malevolent," "vicious," "impious," or "malignant." It is important that Paul would save this word unto; the end of this verse. By saving this phrase until last, he is telling us the ultimate aim of Satan's dark domain: these spirits are sent forth from the spirit realm to afflict humanity in a "bad, vile, malevolent, vicious, impious and malignant" way."

Yes, we do have more authority than the devil has, and we do have more power than the devil has, and we do have the Greater One living in us. We must put on the whole armour of God!!

Just for Today:shades2:
Old 11-29-2002, 08:27 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Thankyou Pernell,

I've never seen it broken down in that way. It was really obvious to me the last time my son drank that it went beyond the alcohol. If it is the truth that sets us free then that evil army is going to do whatever it takes to keep us from that truth and our loved ones from that truth.

I don't know if it's appropriate to do on this forum, but I would love to see the armor talked about in the bible broken down and explained. I have a funny feeling that you could do that for us.

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-29-2002, 08:37 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

You guys decide whether it is appropriate or not. I was just passing through and noticed the armour on the page and this is what came to mind. I use whatever is available me to remain in the recovery process, to help other to obtain choices and opportunities to recover. Without a Higher Power that you believe and trust without reservations, real recovery that supplies evidence of this recovery is not possible. You have much evidence of how the devil's legions are busily at work. Do you have or do you want to experience the evidence of a Higher Power at work? Like I said, I was just passing through.

Have Happy Thanksgiving one and all.

Just for Today-----------------------------I am Sober
Old 11-29-2002, 09:16 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Appropriate? ES and H is always appropriate! And I always love it when you share your thoughts with us, Pernell.

Hugs!