Pondering some things over:

Old 09-21-2005, 09:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pondering some things over:

How about?????

I accept the fact that I receive very little help with the upkeep of the house.

I will not accept critism from observers, non observers positive suggestions are welcome.

This is one of my new boundaries, I will immediately walk away when I hear the first negative word regarding the upkeep of my home.

I think I will create a sign, post it throughout my home, if you see it and it bothers you clean it. I have 0 tolerance for complaints.

I have lowered my expectations for myself and it is not my job to meet anyone elses expectations just like it is not there job to meet my expectations.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

sounds good (((emily)))
Old 09-21-2005, 09:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds good to me Emily!! B and I have an unwritten agreement that if either of us gripes or criticizes the way the other does something (whether it be driving, laundry, mowing the lawn, etc), then the griper gets sole responsibility for that activity.

I remember the time my husband b1tched to me about the laundry, "How HARD can it be to keep clean underwear in my drawer?" Me: "Well lucky for you, you'll get to find out now b/c you're going to do all your own laundry from now." He did it for about, oh, a day... and then he apologized for being such an arse. I do the washing & drying now, and he helps fold & put away.

It goes both ways... I complained about his lawn mowing once, he had me mow it the next time... and after that I realized how much work it is, and how much I appreciate his efforts!! Now I make a point of telling him how great the lawn looks (and it does look great, especially now that I see how hard it really is!!).

I'm happy to hear your taking it easy on yourself... Life's too short to spend it chasing dustbunnies!!

:-) Shannon
Old 09-21-2005, 09:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Emily - I SO agree!! There's between two and four dogs at out house 'pending on dogsitting stuff, D collects junk - lots of junk (including a battlship gunsight 3' long, a dried frog, fossils, antique welding specs, a rabbit skull, and ohhhh so much other stuff you DON'T want to hear about). I'm hardly the tidiest person on the planet and hate shoes with a passion (which means they constantly get kicked off). I cook food from fresh which means apart from the pre cooking clean down there's always something around in the kitchen. The sofas got ripped months ago, the carpet collects stains and the doors all have doggy scratches.

BUT - Anyone coming will get fed and watered, anyone who wants a bed for the night can stay, there's a lovely fire, the dogs are friendly and the doors always open. People who want to come come, those that don't don't. I'm proud of our house 'cos it's friendly and everyone gets a welcome.

Alternatively I could keep D and the dogs in the shed and have a fussy house guests!!
Old 09-21-2005, 09:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I also felt like saying, so there