A big hug and a little support?

Old 09-19-2005, 02:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Clancy, you just got me thinking. The house I rent now is unbelievable. Converted cornmill, beautiful village, quiet road, stream and woods in garden, beams, wooden floors, wonderful neighbours (now friends), a gardener - I truly can't think of anything I would add. And one of the main reasons I am here is because of my cat. It was non-negotiable that I kept my cat, so therefore I discounted other places that I probably would have taken because they were on a main road or whatever. This was the 3rd place I looked at and I knew as soon as I drove up that it was where I would live. Anyway, I'm not sure what my point is, but I think it's along the lines of having a list and it all working out in the end.

E - your relationship, D's health and your sanity are surely what's important here, not some bricks and mortar. I think you do understand that, but perhaps D is not able to just yet. It'll come.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Equus.... Your post about Chinthaka was absolutely beautiful. I too struggle with the mortgage and bills and I definately needed to hear that. I get so wrapped up in all my responsibilities, I forget how to laugh, smile and enjoy life.

I think your suggestion for resolution was completely selfless and wonderful. You and D are very luck to have each other.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

First you asked for a little support, then you asked for a hug. The next thing you know, you'll be calling us "family." Goodness, what's next? Will you be dropping in for coffee? Inviting us to boot sales? Having us over for bacon buttys?

This is all moving much too fast for me....

(((((Equus)))))
Old 09-19-2005, 04:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Big smiles, big hugs,

and every confidence that you will consider all things and do what is right for you.

How would you feel about taking a second part time job to get through this rough spot, temporarily??? JUST and only a question.

Live
Old 09-19-2005, 04:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

OMG FD..... way too funny!
Old 09-20-2005, 04:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I understand how you feel about the mortgage. It seems we have been hit with so many bills. Sometimes I feel myself starting to fear losing it all. I konw the feeling real well. Also doesn't help to be living with someone battling an addiction, further chaos and stress to your life.