SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   The Beav gets sprung!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/7119-beav-gets-sprung.html)

JT 11-26-2002 09:55 AM

The Beav gets sprung!!

The Beav gets out of rehab today and he has been such a joy to be associated with of late. Each and everytime I speak with him it is a new adventure. He is angry, paranoid, anxious, frustrated, serene, swearing, saying what I want to hear, saying what THEY want to hear...but never quite getting honest as far as I can tell.

Last night was the kicker...the conversation ended with him accusing me of doing things behind his back regarding his son...my grandson. Sounds like a pretty good excuse to drink to me...

I pick him up at the train after work today...

I don't really have any choice but to let him go...he is moving so fast I couldn't hang on anyway!

Wish us well...my grandson misses his daddy. But daddy will have to go through me before he does anything to cause that child anymore pain.

Hugs,
JT

Rose56 11-26-2002 10:08 AM

Good Luck, I hope that all goes well and he can begin to really heal from this addiction and develop a wonderful relationship with his son. You are in my prayers.

Gypsygirlmom 11-26-2002 10:39 AM

JT,
I most definitely wish you & the Beav & grandson well! I hope the Beav slows down long enough to watch where he is going! I pray he gained some tools to use during his recovery. I'm sure his son must miss him & will be so happy to see him. Take care of yourself tonight, Let me know if you'll be needing any Duck Tape! :cool:

My Best wishes to you & you're family.

Paulie 11-26-2002 10:54 AM

Hey JT -

I just heard again (I have heard this several times) at a meeting the other night from someone who had relapsed and found there way back to NA that when they were out there using, it was not as fun as before becasue the program jargan that we say during our meetings was there in the back of there mind and ruins the high. I wish that for the Beav!!!
You and your family are in my prayers as always.
And you are so right, don't even try to hang on!!!!Take care of that little boy!!! We don't realize (and I mean we) that when we are using even if we don't use in front of children that our behaviors effect them, they, children, have to be protected from us.

Hangin' In 11-26-2002 06:13 PM

JT,

Hang in there. Keep holding to those good Al Anon thoughts re yourself and how to handle this. (Listen to me...Like I'M the Al Anon expert...lol. Well, I'm trying.... )

Just know I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers.:)

Hugs!:)

smoke gets in my eyes 11-26-2002 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HI JT,

I polished this up for you.

Morning Glory 11-26-2002 08:13 PM

Hey JT,

One day at a time, my friend. I hope they are good days.

I sat here today and watched my computer defrag the hard drive. I was just sitting there thinking that I wish God would defrag my brain and put everything in a nice neat place.

Reality isn't all it quacked up to be.

Hugs
MG

Kittycat 11-26-2002 10:14 PM

******************************{JT}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I hope all works out for the Beav........and for you too! Take care of your little grandson.
I am not full of words tomight....I just spent the last zillion hours cooking and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Love Kitty

bonbon 11-26-2002 10:21 PM

((((((((((((((((JT)))))))))))))))))))

Your such a strong one!

You the beav and Ward are in my prayers..

matters 11-26-2002 11:55 PM

Great news JT!

I hope this means that you have been blessed with a Thanksgiving to be extra specially grateful for this year!

Take care and may God bless all of you always!
matters

margo 11-27-2002 08:11 AM

(((((JT))))) Thinking of you and your family. Hope all goes well. Prayers to you all.

Love and hugs.

Ann 11-27-2002 04:11 PM

JT

Just want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope things work out for you. Just take your Jujubes, your helmet and your armor, and let life happen. An extra pair of bunny slippers wouldn't hurt either.

Hugs to Ward, Little Beav, Big Beav, and you.

JT 11-30-2002 05:41 AM

Thanks for all the good thoughts!

My computer has been in the hospital so I have been out of touch, but just to let you all know we had a great Thanksgiving. The Beav ended up staying with us because his plans got balled up...he goes to his house Monday. And it was a nice time to see him well and get reaquainted. He has been going to meetings each nite and has signed up for his IOP.

Beavette came over yesterday and they have spent some nice time together.

I get my computer back today (I am at work) so I will be back raising heck!

Hugs,
JT

vinnietoo 11-30-2002 05:59 AM

JT,

Glad all went well!! It's really nice to hear the good
stuff from time to time. When hope gets shattered
so often tis nice to see something good happening.
Thanks.

Blessings, Vinnie

deedee 11-30-2002 06:21 AM

((((JT))))

So glad you had a great holiday - you deserve it! It is nice re-bonding with a clean and sober kid, kinda like seeing that long lost relative.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. May the sun keep shining on the Cleaver household!

hugs,

deedee

Hangin' In 11-30-2002 11:35 AM

JT,

It's so good to read good news on here. I pray that the good days continue at your household.

Hugs!

Josie 11-30-2002 02:41 PM

J.T.-wonderful news!
I'm so glad Little Beav is spending time
with his Dad. Hugs and prayers to all of
you.
This website has gone kinda wacky for over a week, so having trouble reading the
posts or replying. Hopefully it will
be fixed soon!

Hugs,