I'm new

Old 10-23-2004, 09:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wow!

This post is nearly two years old. It was really interesting to read it. It brought some of the pain back, but was also a reminder of the progress I have made.

More than anything, it made me very grateful for the support I received on this board. Let me again express my thanks to all of you.

By way of update, I stuck to my boundaries and told the A he could not come home without two months of sobriety under his belt. He, in turn, told me that he would divorce me if I would not let him come home, and "accept him just the way he is."

I did not let him come home, and he divorced me, making sure that the final date was my son's birthday. The divorce was nasty and bitter, and I am very fortunate it did not bankrupt me. The same day the divorce was final he asked me to remarry him. I did not take him up on his offer.

He harrassed my kids, my extended family, and my friends. He became paranoid and believed he was being followed. He took apart a brand new vehicle to look for bugging devices. He was convinced that there were people living in his attic. He called the cops several times to get the people out. The cops offered to take him to the hospital, twice, but his parents refused. He has yet to hit rock bottom. I avoid contact with him.

I am rebuilding my life. I am writing again and have set some publishing goals. I am getting out more, attending art events and social clubs, and even a dance class. I am dating just a little bit. I intend to take some of the home improvement courses the local hardware store offers. While there are still times of pain and grief, life is much calmer.

Thanks again to everyone here for their help and support!!!!!

Rachael
Old 10-23-2004, 09:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Unhappy welcome

welcome to the board.i to am going through pretty musch the same thing as you.people here are really GREAT and have helped me alot.My first husband cheated on me several times and it broke my heart and after 10 years i remarried and hes a ah.i wish my husband would get help but he wont.he says he dosent need it and thats bull crap if you ask me.but like you i dont fell like trying because im taired off working on my marriage by my self.to make matters worse my son has post tramatic stress disorder due to abuse from his father and it calls him to act out in anger.i fell hes doing much better but my husband is always on his back for things hes done in the past out of anger.hes only10 and will be 11 in 3 months and hes sturggling to get over his truma and wether my husband is drunk or not to me hes to rough on him.even when my son is doing good he finds some reson to put him down and this sittustion really hurts me but people here will help you because their are days i dident fell like liveing anymore and i come here and everyone is so nice and understanding.i wish you luck and keep you in my prayers.again welcome and keep posting sweetie you are not alone believe me. :rose