He's Quacking Again!

Old 11-22-2002, 04:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's Quacking Again!

Hi everyone:

Well here we are three days later and nothing changes! He got the job as foreman running a crew of 10 and sounded like it went well (he calls all the time to tell me how miserable he is). That was yesterday.

Last night he called to tell me how tired he was and was going to bed at 7:30. This morning he called at 9:00 to tell me he was just leaving the house and probably lost the job because he was hurting so bad he couldn't get moving. Two hours later he called and said he went in and they told him to take the day off to rest. He said "I told them this is what happens when you try to keep up with the youngsters" he said they laughed and seemed to understand. Later he called just to complain and argue that this wouldn't have happened if he was here because he had his own business. To which I reminded him that he also wasn't making any money either.

Just now (5 hours later) he called and said guess where I am and I said sounds like your on the freeway. He said, "Yep, Again! Go Figure! Broken down again on the side of the freeway and you still believe that I don't have a black cloud surrounding me!" With that he said goodbye and hung up. Guess he feels better now that he dumped it on me! Today I asked him not to dump his problems on me. That he has to start figuring things out. I try so hard to build up his self-esteem and bang, right back to square one. I told him he wouldn't have that black cloud if he had money because money can solve a lot of problems.

He just called to tell me his finished trying and for me to have a nice life! He can't deal with this anymore. Sounds real scary to me. I didn't know what to say to him. Anything I could have said he would have turned it into a negative! I'm scared that he is going to take his life! What will I do now!!! He's too far away to help!! Devastated
Old 11-22-2002, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Devasted... You said it! he is quacking again.... and again and again... He is trying so hard to get some kind of negative attention out of you so he can blame you for his miserable life....
If you really think he will harm himself call the police.... In the meantime what are you doing to make yourself feel better?

Hugs to you... Clowie
Old 11-22-2002, 05:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hang in there

Hang in there....You have done everything you can....Leave it on the Lords doorstep. Good Luck to you...I pray for Peace to come into your life.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Devastated,

If I were you I would call the police in his area and report his threat of suicide. If he is suicidal they will help him. If he is not suicidal he will be more careful about throwing around that threat. I've done this with my son and it helped. I also do this with my clients and it works.

Get on the phone and call.

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-22-2002, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

I agree with MG - either way you will get his theats out in the open.

God Bless!
Old 11-22-2002, 06:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

******{Devastated}}}}

I agree with everyone else, call the police, call his bluff. If he's not bluffing, then he can get the help he needs.

He's dumping his guilt on you. You don't have to take it. My A just did this to me the other day. Said a bunch of sh*t, then out the door. (Later he did realize what he did, and apoligized) But I took it and ran. Walked around in circles all morning. Ended up calling my sponsor. But that is what mine even told me, he was dumping on me to make me feel bad, so he would feel better.

Time to give it to your HP. He's the only one that can really help him now. If you could, everything you've done would have helped by now.

My prayers are with you!