found some peace lately in .....

Old 11-22-2002, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

found some peace lately in .....

I attended my first Divorcecare class this last Tuesday at a local church. It was really nice, the people were great, and even though I cried in front of everyone, I walked out of there knowing this class was going to help me immensely. I was told that these classes are all over the world. It is a 12 week bible based study that helps you get thru all the emotional, financial, and problems of going thru divorce. I recommend it to anyone leaving their A and facing divorce.
I am also attending my first Al-Anon meeting tonite.
It has been hard for me to adjust to my new circumstances after finally leaving my A and moving on. I still have bad days, but always pray the next day will be better (and it usually is).
I know that God has a new life ahead for me, and I know he will help me meet the challenges that lie ahead.
Hope you all have a nice weekend.. BARB
Old 11-22-2002, 06:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Barb

Keep up the good work! You sound like you are getting very connected in your new adventure. It is so nice to find support. Keep reaching out when you need to.

Hope your weekend goes well.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

BE PROUD OF YOURSELF!!!!

[Barb---just read your post and was so happy to hear that someone has been having some good times. It really sounds as if you're working on your recovery, and although I am new to the forum and to Alanon---you've given me hope that things CAN change for a person. I wish you the best of everything---and hope that you continue to post on the boards. It does, indeed, bring hope to those of us who need the added support!!COLOR=darkred][FONT=century gothic][FONT=times new roman]
Old 11-23-2002, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

thanks!!!

thanks lacceejoe. i try to stay positive,even though its very hard at times. i knew i wanted and needed the life i want to have. Last time we split up, i just stayed home and cried all the time and hid out in my bedroom. This time, I refuse to do that to myself. I'm trying to get out there, be independent, and do things for myself. (For so many years, I was so hung up on his alcoholism, I totally forgot about doing good things for myself). I must say I miss the good times with him, since there were many, but I knew I could not live the life I was living any longer. I had to let go once and for all. You all take care. bab