My husband busted me today posting here...

Old 09-08-2005, 09:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Very Groovy Chick!

My husband busted me today posting here...

And boy was he mad!

I was responding to a post made by a newbie in this forum and hubby walked in while I was in the middle of typing the message. Unfortunately for me, the first thing he noticed was the MALE name (alias) of the person I was responding to in the post and instantly, I was having an affair. Good grief.

Of course, had my hubby not been under the influence, he probably wouldn't have overreacted. A few minutes later I explained to him what I was actually doing online ( and he was mad again). But I told him flatly that I needed the support of the caring people on this thread and I wouldn't apologize for seeking guidance and strength from S.A., nor would I apologize for arming myself with the necessary tools to keep myself from belittling and critizing him for his choice to drink. Bam!

You could have heard a pin drop.

He's still annoyed with me, but now he has something to think about.

God is good.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Seems you have learned or know much already.

Excellent in how you handled things.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Good for you, fine!

I applaud you for standing up for yourself and your needs, and especially for keeping it about you and not about him.

Peace!
Old 09-08-2005, 09:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

way to go Diva... !!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Way to go!

I bet the room sounded like those old Sprint long distance ads...the ones where you did hear a pin drop

for you.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a bummer! You're a smart cookie - you dealt with the situation very healthily.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

fine - good for you. we need all the resources we can find to help us on our path of recovery. this site happens to be an excellent one. i hope you are able to continue to post here without causing you problems because it definitely helps.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A Very Groovy Chick!

You guys rock! [Diva's blushing]

I will continue to post. This is the healthiest thing I can do all the way around.

By the way, I just began reading the Alcoholics Anonymous book last night. It's a great read whether you suffer from the illness or not. I am most enjoying the last step; helping others. I hope that soon I will be able to benefit other Al-anon members with the things I'm personally learning about my own struggle with a chemically addicted spouse. It does feel wonderful to know that there is actually a group of people who understand this disease and understand what myself and the masses are facing. S.R. is truly a blessing.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

My H and I often sit together and respond to peoples post with a blend of our opinions especially with addicts who are struggling. Many of the things I post on my own I get him to read and edit for me...I think it helped him to get clean too....
Old 09-09-2005, 09:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

diva - Wow, what an awesome way to handle the situation.....you obviously have a smart head on your shoulders!!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Wow Diva,

Smart and sharp chickie...keep up the good work...and welcome to SR!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 12:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Very Groovy Chick!

Splendra,

What a great idea! Of course, it may be a while before my H feels an inkling to join me in posting...LOL! He's still pretty sore at me. I greeted him with a smile this morning and a hello honey. He just gave me that dejected look. You know the one..I'm still mad at you cause I can't believe you think that I actually have a drinking problem. Apparently, the nine beers consumed last night one right after another shouldn't represent a problem for us? Well gee, sir honey bun...what was I thinking??? LOL!

Then on my way inside the house after a job interview today, I greeted him with a hi honey, how are you feeling this morning? The dragon decided to speak. "I'm (he's thinking about how he really is) okay," he answers. We haven't exchanged words since.

He left for work an hour early today, so maybe the guilt he's feeling is getting the best of him? It's kinda hard for him to continue to be so mean and defensive with me when I choose to be so bloody cheerful. Ha!

Best Wishes!