What can I do if anything

Old 09-08-2005, 05:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What can I do if anything

I am angry this morning

I had to go to court on August 8th, my 12 year old son was supeoned, because he was a witness to one of our neighbors son who is 15, punch another neighbor's son who is 9 in the eye, the parents of the nine year old filed a police report, and our county took it upon themselves to press charges because of the age difference. The fifteen year old was found guilty and is going to get sentenced sometime in October.

One of my other neighbors came over lastnight who lives right behind the 15 year olds house, and the parent's of the fifteen year old was talking to her and was telling her that the parents of the 15 year old (the mom) has a brother that is high up in the police department, and the mom asked her brother to pull my police report and he did that and conveyed everything that was on my record to the mom of the 15 year old, and in turn she told the neighbor about me calling the police on my H two times this year for alcohol purposes.

So lastnight as I was visiting with my one neighbor that I really dont know that well, was telling me everything that was on my police record.

Which I have never been in trouble in my life, except calling the police on my H when he came home drunk and I wanted to get my kids out of the house. For a neighbor to come over that I dont know well and tell me that this women had her brother pull my police record and divolge all of my personal information to her makes me angry. My son was supenoed I had no choice but to take him to court, how does that give this women the right to have her brother pull my police record and tell the other neighbors?? If she told one, you know she told the others, to me that should be illegal.

Old 09-08-2005, 05:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you have Data Protection laws in the US?
Old 09-08-2005, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was thinking the same thing Dakoda, that if I did call the police and tell them what they did, it would only hurt me more, and to me that is sad.

The case had nothing to do with me or my H. It only had to do with my son seeing something and having to testify. I am embarrased that my one neighbor who I dont know well, is telling me what I did months back to my H for coming home drunk. I am also embarrased of how many other neighbors she may have told. I feel like my privacy was totally invaded.

Minnie, I dont know if we have data proctecion laws in michigan. hmm
Old 09-08-2005, 06:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yup,ya just got to wonder somethimes about folks...hmmmm.Folks like myself,dont do better until they know better..You my dear are just no longer that person of the past,anymore.This is your past history.You have changed.When another came up to me,blah,blah,about some of my past deeds,i decided to disarm her.Did this by saying and believeing ,that my past is one hell of a great tool,that is used today to help other recovering folks.Only a ghost lives in the past.When i showed no hurt,offense,she went on her way to get the gears on another i guess,,lol.Who knows.Its about my recovery.Others are free to think of me as they will.Its ok.Today is a new day.Im just no longer, thanks be to God,that person that i once was.And neither are you!!!!Keep on keeping on.
Prayer for those that hurt you.This will heal you.
Thanks for letting me share,
God Bless take care!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 06:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((emily)))

I am sorry that you have such a nosey neighbor. People who do that kind of thing must have issues if they have to search out other people lives to find dirt.

I understand your feeling of invasion and it ain't right. Hold your head up and pay this neighbor no mind and do not allow yourself to become a supporting actress in someone elses drama.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Interesting thought, when things are going to smooth, I have to create chaos, because I am not comfortable with quiet.

Things have been going really smooth for me at home lately, quiet ya know. Then my neighbors comes over and tells me about the police report stuff, and I reacted. I worked myself up, instead of just not caring and turning this over to God.

I cant control other people's actions, but I certainly can control my own. I am giving this to God, I can rest!
Old 09-08-2005, 01:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds like a perfect plan Emily.........