A good day....

Old 09-06-2005, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A good day....

I spent today painting the big bedroom so hopefully soon we can move in. My best mate came to help and D was at home so he made us constant tea and coffee while he fixed her computer.

My mate and I were taking the mick out of each other without mercy! Laughing so much and threatening each other with multi coloured legs or hair. You make less threats when the other one has the gloss brush!! We were planning our trip which looks like it will be 4 days mext week.

D made a lamb 'thingy' for dinner for us and my mates other half - it came out a cracker and we ate till we could hardly move. A month ago he got in a flap making a sandwich for me and him. I'd left him to it despite him losing it over what to put in the sandwich - at that time it was a mountain to climb but he did it. Today he cooked lamb shoulder for 4 of us!! Then he showed off his new glasses and got mega compliments all round. He said he'd only taken them off 'cos the dogs kept putting nose prints on them when he got kissed. He left them on for the rest of the evening - that's a biggy!

What a day! I'm bone tired but so happy, the house has been filled with happy noises, our big bedroom is painted and I'm off to hunt down a cheap flight on the net.

I'm learning things heal.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

equus - will you and your mate come paint my spare bedroom next since you had loads of practice now? lol how wonderful your day sounded - i am truly happy for your happiness in this moment!
Old 09-06-2005, 02:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well you'd need the pair of us - left alone DIY turns into 'Destroy It Yourself' for me. I painted the radiator red then realised it was meant to be 'Angora Wrap' (soft greyish purple!). It took three coats to get rid of the flippin' Damson gloss! I'm not even going to mention the incident with the banister in the same best mates first house.

Pointed in the right direction I do straight lines though....
Old 09-06-2005, 02:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It took three coats to get rid of the flippin' Damson gloss!
i don't know what damson gloss is (i suppose it is the type of paint) but your statement made me chuckle out loud! thank you dear friend for the moment of humor today!
Old 09-06-2005, 02:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Damson is the colour and gloss is the sticky paint that never comes out your hair - the stuff for windows and skirting boards, not (as it turns out) radiators, at least not when it's damson red....

Who knew?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

:slaphead ok got it.