Beautiful weekend

Old 09-06-2005, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Beautiful weekend

I had a wonderful long weekend, I did things that I wanted to do and enjoyed myself.

Saturday I had friends over, Sunday was lazy, and Monday I ventured to a knew place with my kids, watched them fish, and threw a stick in the water for my golden to catch. I sat up on the deck and just enjoyed the day with friends.

My H was suppose to go with me, and bring our jet ski, because we were going to be on a lake, but he was too sick to come. I let myself get upset for a few minutes, I asked him why he could sleep till 8:00pm on Sunday, and then stay up all night Sunday night working on a computer if he was so sick. I also told him, he isnt coming, just because he doesnt want to come, and of course you only do what you want to do when you want to do it. He did have a cold, and who am I to give him a hard time about going somewhere, with people that he made plans with, and promised them we would be there, just on Saturday. I woke him up on Monday, he became verbally abusive. I told him fine, that I am not mad, that I hope he feels better but I am going. I am so glad that I went, I had a great time.

I am setting a boundary for myself. I am never waking him up again for anything. He will know, what, when, where, who and why, and it is his responsibility to get up and go. Even if that means going place alone with my kids all the time.

I considered going by myself working on myself, and spending good quality time with my kids, laughing, eating, fishing, swimming and socializing.

Old 09-06-2005, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's a shame though that he still puts a damper on your activities.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Think you are doing good. Glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend. Even if had a few moments of upset. You got on with your plans and had a good time.