"Plan" backfired

Old 11-19-2002, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

"Plan" backfired

I made a plan and activated it. One that would entail a job change that would allow me to support me and my kids without the financial help of my A that continues to relapse and disconnect from us. I got the job a couple of months ago and have been working 2 jobs since. I was supposed to quit my first job in the middle of December, and start full time at this new well paid job in January. Today I found out that the contract fell through with this contract company and I don't have that new job! My old job which I had to give notice has already hired a replacement......... I prayed about this 2 wks. before I took this new job and all felt peaceful. This plan has backfired and my A who I'm not married to is still here, but how long? How can I depend on him? I know I can't, and need to make more money. Any advice?
Old 11-19-2002, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Cajun,

What a disappointment. You can start looking for something better. If you found one you can find another.

Maybe if you ask at your old job they will let you stay on.

Keep looking and don't give up.

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-19-2002, 10:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Hi Cajun,
This sounds exactly like what Bonbon
just went through. She just found a
"band aide" job for now, and is still
looking for something in her field.
Just keep persevering and something will
come up-I'm positive!

Hugs,
Old 11-20-2002, 05:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((((((((Cajun))))))))))))

Something must be on its way to you, but for some reason it is not coming in a stratight line (since when does life flow in a straight line?). I agree, keep looking, something better is on the way. I will be praying for you.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Canjun,

One thing my sponcer always tells me, is that we must do the footwork, then turn the results over to God. I would tend to think that this 'new' job really isn't the job for you. Keep praying for guidence and Gods will and the answer will come to you.

I will keep you and yours in my prayers!
Old 11-20-2002, 09:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cajun:

Hi Cajun:

I just read your post and my prayers are with you. I just know something good is coming your way soon. We all just have to think really positive even though this cloud always seems to be looming over us.

Did you ever hear the story about the two twin boys, one was an optimist the other was a pessimist? It went like this. The father gave the boys two little boxes for their birthday. In the both boxes was hay. The pessimist boy looked inside and moaned and complained about getting hay...saying he wanted a bike. The optimist boy opened the box, found the hay and said, thank you father I just know there is a horse in here!

The moral of the story of course is we have to always remain positive! No matter how difficult it may seem....we have to know that God has something better planned for us. Keep your chin up I know you'll get a better job soon! Hugs, Devastated
Old 11-20-2002, 10:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

dear cajun girl,
sorry to hear that things didn't go the way u thought they would. i've found that happens to me often. have faith that something better will come along. don't be afraid and worry too much. keep working ur program, and listen 4 the direction u will be led. prayers and hugs and keep posting.
hugs from sugar
Old 11-21-2002, 01:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Canjun girl,

God never closes a door without opening a window!

Everything will work out for the best. Have faith!!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Take care,
matters
Old 11-21-2002, 04:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Cajungirl,

What Matters said came to my mind when I read your post. Many years ago when I had to quit my job due to location and transportation problems that is what a wise man said to me and it has stuck in my mind ever since and I had a new job within two weeks that was closer and less stressful. Have faith, something better is coming your way!!

Take care.
Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 11-21-2002, 03:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

When we look back on our lives, we can recognize that when things didn't work out the way we planned them, it often led to something better.

We just have to have faith that the future is going to be beautiful, and do our part and leave the rest to God.

My prayers are with you. Some lucky employer is just waiting for you to show up.
Old 11-21-2002, 05:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

Light flickers in the distance!!!

Thank you so much for your support guys..... I have 3 interviews lined up and have been quite the prayer warrior. You know its easy to trust God when times are good. I struggle with trusting he will provide when my fear escalates. I guess it may not be coincidence that I'm on steps 2 & 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2002, 09:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Hey cajun girl,

Just wanted to share what I have learned:

Sometimes when God closes a door, there is a bit of time before the other door or window gets opened. We refer to this as ¡§hall time¡§ It is a time to rest, reflect, rejuvenate and connect with your higher power. Its often NOT comfortable while its happening, but it is during hall time that I have learned NOT to force solutions, and to let things happen in my HP¢¥s time frame and not mine.

Good things will come your way. Expect a miracle, and know that your HP¢¥s plans for you are usually more awesome than anything we could have planned for ourselves.

HUGS
Osier59