What do a neck brace, car accident, and

Old 08-27-2005, 02:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What do a neck brace, car accident, and

positive outcome have in common? I'll tell ya.

About 1 1/2 weeks ago my car was hit from behind. I was stopped and was hit at 35mph shooting me into the car in front of me. Long story short, one ambulance ride, ct scan, xrays and one neck brace later I was on my way home. I have twin toddlers, a job, and a new program starting up in the fall.

The pain is huge and I can barely move. What to do?

My husband finally stepped up to the plate. He took care of me and worked with 4 others to make sure our kids were cared for. He took notes as I didn't make any sense for the first days and did his man-best to put that together with his work to keep the family running.

I think that's progress. Hope that guy sticks around. I'll be glad when I'm up and around so he'll stop eating ice cream by the 5 gallon tub. At least it's the sugar free variety............LOL
Old 08-27-2005, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Glad to hear that you are ok!

(((Beautiful)))

BTW, whats the correlation between ice cream and A's? My xabf used to eat tons of it when he was sober, that and tons of Mountain Dew.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

They probably have low blood sugar, and ice cream makes them feel better.
Sugar turns to alcohol in our system and alcohol turns to sugar.

A's should eat meat, cheese and nuts every 2 hours, that stabilizes the blood sugar.
The first treatment centers had full candy dishes all over, the frig loaded with ice cream, pie, cakes and cookies, later on, not one sweet in the place, dishes full of nuts all over, cheese, and meats in refrig. They had dicovered sweets bad, protein good. Most important is to get lots of vitamins into them.
Heard, read and seen.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Same thing happend to me once! Sorry to hear about that and hope you're feeling better soon!
Old 08-28-2005, 01:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks.

He's been trying to stay afloat with pies, cookies, blueberry cobler, ice cream..you get the picture. Any time he's under stress he heads for the sugar. I will try the protein route. If the protein thing is true, it would be best if an A followed the diabetic diet so their blood sugar is stabilized all of the time.