he's just not that into you

Old 08-26-2005, 05:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

i told him to look my number up in the book because i really was not that into him. he did. i still wasn't impressed.

guess that is why they say the ones you aren't interested in are the ones that go after you. so they are recommending playing Hard to Get!!
Old 08-26-2005, 07:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am just not getting the hint...lol
stormyautumn

Ha, you are not alone here..........just today my "honey" said he would call me regarding tentative plans, based on his work schedule, for tomorrow. He said he would call me early in the day.........well 4:45 rolled around and of COURSE I called him. He answered and acted as if nothing had happened. When I ever so calmly and gently asked him why he hadn't called.......he got defensive and angry (which is actually quite outta character for him). He didn't even think he owed me even a SMALL apology. I then asked him to answer a question either yes or no.......I asked him "do you want this to be over?".........he replied "no....but...." then I said that I didn't need to hear any more and we would talk tomorrow night.

If you confront the person to give them the easy out you are in actual fact disempowering yourself and giving them the power in the relationship.
ngaire

As far as this goes, I feel that if he doesn't want to date me any longer........well then HE has to be man enough to tell me. I REFUSE to break up with me FOR him. So I'm not quite sure I agree with me giving him the power by doing this.

Well, if you just assume that he has died, just think how soon you can get onto dating someone new & all the hours that you have saved with your girlfriends talking about him.
2dayisanewday

This would be a lot easier if one didn't love the son of a boo boo (cute way to say that by the way!!) And why the heck DO we "love" these fellas anyway???
Old 08-26-2005, 07:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am totally with Gabe. If they miss the opportunity to speak with a goddess it is their loss. They may never meet another one!
Go Gabe!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 07:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I wish I was at the point in my life to feel so confident as to think it is HIS loss rather than mine.........someday........
Old 08-26-2005, 09:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
brightlight

Hummmmmmmm this kind of goes back to what I said last year how I was going to have the nice warm fire in the woodstove and relax while he was at the bar. When I do go on with my life and ignore him then he is home more and more, but then when I am stupid he goes to the bar and we fight. I did fuss with him some before he went tonight and was saying stupid stuff like I was going to have my night out at the bar and I said this even after telling him a few weeks ago I would never be caught in a bar and do like he does, so why degrade myself by acting like I wanted to do what he is doing. I calmed down and made cornbread for the kids and the house smells good. He will come home after we are in bed and feel really stupid tomorrow. I liket his goddess stuff. I stopped the phone calling and all that with my husband. I make no moves and show no interest, which is not good. I like what Gabe said - gracefully entices - hmmmmm. I went to the fair last night with my family and noticed a few things. There were a lot of females out there young and old, and I noticed the ones that caught attention were SMILING AND HAPPY. There were slim women that were mad and frowning and they did not look pretty at all, but the ones smiling and having fun made me watch them too. Wondering why are they so happy and how do you get that happy?? My husband actually went with us and I enjoyed the time together, but once I got mad because I thought he was not wanting to walk with me and he was taking our son and I had our daughter and he seemed to want to be away from us. I told my daughter lets walk fast and I stayed away from him and we were looking at things and ignoring him and he called me on the phone. I saw him and he was waving and I did not wave back and walked off. LOL Not sure if that is goddess or what, but he decided to walk next to us, but I think not from wanting to be with me, but just wanted to make sure I was not mad. I need to start thinking like a goddess. This might be fun!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I've read the book twice - once when my EX AB left a year ago and again a year later. I did find it quite humorous and sometimes a bit insulting in places but I think, for me, it was hard to realize the truth!

I did get one really important thing out of the book that has stuck with me. The author talks about "resetting your standards" and gives nine new standards. There are two that I carry with me at ALL times: I will not date a man who drinks or does drugs to an extent that makes me uncomfortable and I will not, under any circumstances, spend my precious time with a man who has already rejected me.

I think the book is worth a read. I've come to the conclusion that my ex was probably "into me" but he was into his booze more. Sad.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Skinner,

You aren't breaking up for him, you are breaking up for you. Because you deserve more than you are getting, because you are important. It has absolutely nothing to do with him.

This is where the importance of putting the focus on ourselves comes in. That way we will do what is right for us.

It's all about us.

Ngaire