Where to next?

Old 08-24-2005, 05:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suze37
Dawn I tried to do one of the quote things like you all do when it comes up in a shaded strip - how do you do it?
I'll try to explain this and hopefully it will make sense. I think you're already doing the first part but I'm going to start at the beginning just to make sure.
1) Find the person's message you want to quote. 2) Go to the bottom right corner of that message and click on the word "QUOTE". 3) A new screen will appear with the person's message and some words and symbols before and after what they wrote.
4)Delete ONLY the part of their message that you don't want to quote. Make sure you don't delete the any of the brackets, symbols, words, etc. at the beginning or the end. 5) Go down one line and start typing your own message. Suze, the one you tried didn't work because the end part after the person's message was deleted. In other words [/QUOTE] was deleted. You had the first part but you've got to have both. Try doing it and then click on "Preview Post" instead of "Sumit Post" to see if you did it right. If that doesn't make sense, let me know.

CF