Thanks For Support

Old 11-16-2002, 01:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Thanks For Support

Hello All:

Just wanted to say thank you to all you wonderful friends for the moral support. I'm here crying my eyes out! I feel like I've lost him for good now. I hate what he has done to the family and the girlfriend. He really made a mess of her home. Thank God the baby (7 yrs) old is not there until Monday. He has so many problems and blames everything on everyone else. He is suppose to go to his Dad's where his step-sister is living and in rehabilitation and doing well. Do you think this is God's way of helping him by sending him there where the girl is doing so well and maybe can help him too? I have to believe in that. We are going to make a police report but we're afraid to go to the house until we are sure he isn't there. When we make the report do we have to press charges too? I'm afraid to for fear if they pick him up they will send him to jail and he will get out and then we won't be able to get him out again. We will get a restraining order too! Change the locks and get an alarm system. Right now the girlfriend is here and crying too. Pray for him! Love Devastated
Old 11-16-2002, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Devastated,

The girlfriend will need to press charges. I really think that she should go into a battered woman's shelter with her child until this blows over. I have a strong feeling he won't last at his father's for long and will be back.

I know it's dangerous for you all to press charges, but I think it's just as dangerous if you don't. I don't know if your son has been to jail before, but maybe paying some consequences for his behavior will help set a boundary for him. My son got violent when he drank and I had him put in a mental ward twice. He was much more careful around me after that. It could go either way.

Call a domestic violence hot line and talk to them right now. Take their advice.

I will pray for you and your family and son. Don't give up hope.

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-16-2002, 02:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Unhappy Morning Glory:

Hello MG:

I hope I'm posting this reply correctly...don't know how to do so many things yet. Anyhow, in reply to you..yes, he has been through the entire penal system. When he got divorced he went to pieces (this man cannot be alone, he is scared to death) and landed in prison for 3yrs.8months. He left because he is scared as I told him we were pressing charges. I'm hoping he can stay away long enough to clean up...but, only God knows. It's been almost 3-1/2 hours since I last heard from him and it takes about that amount of time to get to Nevada..his Dad will call me when he gets there (if he gets there). The girlfriend is staying with us until it's safe to go back there (locks changed, restraining order and alarm in place). When he's good he's very, very, good. When he's bad he's HORRIBLE! I left money at the gas station with instructions no change! He was mad but he got all the gas and left. God I pray this is over soon! I have lost 15 pounds! How do we survive this? The baby won't be back until Monday. We'll take it a day at a time. Thanks for the support, Devastated
Old 11-16-2002, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Devastated,

We get through a crisis at a time. We do the next right thing with each crisis. We try to turn it over to our HP and only think about today if we can.

You are handling this really well and doing all the right things.

I know it's hard.

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-16-2002, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Devastated,

I've been away from the computer today, otherwise I would have responded earlier.

I just want you to know that I am praying for you and your family, praying that you will feel a peace only your HP can provide.

Hang in there, gal. Hugs.