Anyone else feel like a zombie?

Old 08-16-2005, 08:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone else feel like a zombie?

Is it just me; or do any of the rest of you feel like a numbed-out zombie sometimes.......One problem,trauma,drama, crushing emotional thing after another..trying to keep things going ...wears me out!!!!!!! I get sooooo tired!
Anyone else feel this way? Like system-overload?

I have started an exercise program and am on anti-depressants...

I can fall to sleep at the drop-of-a-hat..............in fact, I may go do it soon!
Old 08-16-2005, 08:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

pick - yep - i have trouble sleeping so that makes it even worse! good luck!
Old 08-16-2005, 08:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

eeewwwwwwwwww; that IS worse (I have spells of that,too). I barely make it thru the days sometimes. Then I see A/H working (driving all the time!), golfing,etc and I think :who really is the sick one here? I know I shouldn't concern myself with him, etc; but...really, it does make me wonder sometime. I guess I am concerned and doing alot of things (ie with kids) that he isn't since he lives at his "own place"..............of course, who knows what he really does. He used to walk in the door and veg-out in front of the TV and drink until he konked-out...just because he says he doesn't drink as much, blah,blah,blah....why would I think he is a bundle of energy now? (well, he did find enough to involve himself with a woman from work.......that blows my mind on several levels!)

Thanks for the response; makes me feel in good company! Take care of yourself! Hope things are in for a good change for you!
Old 08-16-2005, 08:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Yep! I can relate. I also wanted to mention AD made me very sleepy and kind of numbed my emotions.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Savana; yes, AD really knock me out,etc when my dose gets too high.........that is a consideration...I will ck into that; thanks! I do take it a night for that reason..

Thanks for your post
Old 08-17-2005, 09:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yep,....burnout and depression are the names for the zombi-ness. Lack of motivation. Not wanting to go out and dress up and do things with your friends......family, etc.

I'm going for a "makeover" tomorrow at the suggestion of my therapist becuz when I'm bummed, I usually wear jeans and t-shirt and a baseball cap. This is a woman (me) that has so many clothes, I had to buy a new closet to hold them in. I own 25 pair of shoes and usually dress to the 9's, but not when depressed.

Gonna get my hair re-permed and just get the whole works tomorrow. Minnie also inspired me to do this.

If you can do that, do it! Go have a GREAT day just for you to get pampered, get your nails done, go clothes shopping, hair done.....the whole thing!
Old 08-17-2005, 09:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Which AD are you on? It may not be the right one for you, or if you havent been on it long, your body may not have adjusted to it. I have been on most of them, but Effexor seems to be the only one that doesnt make me gain weight and sleep all the time. I have panic attacks though and Effexor treats Severe Medical Deppresion and Anxiety disorders. I have a friend who is bipolar and is on lithium, talk about wanting to sleep all the time, the poor woman sleeps all the time!
It will get better, maybe talk to your doc?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Blimey, if only I could take my own advice, Girlfriend!
Old 08-17-2005, 02:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh,... but you did, Minnie!! You got the "do" and had a good time. That helps out some times, I tell ya. I betcha you're looking GOOD!

(sorry to threadjack, Pick-a-name)
Old 08-17-2005, 07:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm taking Zoloft; seems better than some I tried before. Also Staterra for ADD.

My kids talked me into a "trainer" so I have to go exercise a few days a week...it is good.
They also talked me into dying my hair...everyone tells me I look 10-20 yrs younger so that makes me feel better..they also got me getting myself some newer,not so baggy and blah clothes. Some days it helps!

We just had another one of those emotional crisises where after talking to A/h daughter was crying, then dad called on phonehe was all upset and teary , then he apologized to me and I was angry but after I got off I was sobbing...a workout. I am so thankful I not only hurt but got angry too...feed up with the crap. We were going to do something, but we cancelled instead, daughter and I went and did something we had talked about doing, and let him do what he liked...alone. Everytime I start to feel badly for him, I think..NO; he keeps doing this stuff and WE feel the pain so he keeps doing it...time for him to reap what he sows.

No wonder I am always tired.....even when he doesn't live in the same house, it still is a circus. I don't keep my cell phone charged half the time so I don't have to know! haha

Thanks for letting me vent........again!
Old 08-18-2005, 07:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Let go and Live

just because he says he doesn't drink as much, blah,blah,blah....
WOW!! I have heard that before also!
unreal how exact your life sounds to mine. I have a 15 month old daughter and my exa is doing as he pleases with all this social energy (and his new gf from work) while I am at home exhausted from working full time and being a full time single mom. I seriously feel like a zombie all the time it sucks. I am also trying to start an exercise program but its hard to get motivated when your always tired. Anyway I feel your pain and its nice to know I am normal.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yep I feel that way a lot of the time too. I think my A turns my aura a yucky color!!! I hate feeling like that. I am on prozac and am thinking of trying something new I have been taking it for prolly 5 years or so. Can it make you gain weight?
Old 08-20-2005, 05:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
See my horse, Angel!

I have heard that prozac "can" make some people suicidal (sp), and yes it cause weight gain in some people also.

I SO can relate to how your feeling. Having one severe crushing thing after another the past 11 years has distroyed everything inside of me. I go between totally numb and zombie state, to a crying at anything mush ball. No inbetween it seems.

I think this must be pretty normal for people with such extreme stress. Otherwise we would just explode if our minds didn't try to protect us somehow.

Horses have always been a HUGE part of my life, they give me the serenity that nothing else has. But I have to even FORCE myself to leave the house and go see my horse and that is my favorite thing to do.

I used to be a full time riding Instructor, and Trainer. But I have badly injured ankles and one needs a fusion, so I "retired" from doing that because the pain was just to bad.

I have been putting off the fusion because it will affect my riding so much and I am worried about that. My ankle will have no flexion, so I won't be able to keep my heels down, and that is so important because it sets your whole leg in the proper position.

ANYWAY....... between my AH and all that has happened, and me not working now, I have been in a bottomless pit!

It is no fun thats for sure!
Old 08-20-2005, 08:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I feel like a zombie on the inside but the outside is still the funny, upbeat, happy-go-lucky woman. For some reason I find it very difficult to reveal my true self even to me. Maybe I'm afraid of what I'll find. Sometimes I think I lack empathy for others. Going on in my life right now.....my sister has something wrong with her that they thought was a pituitary gland tumor (it's not, thank goodness) but now she has to have more tests done, my mother (who lives in a mother-in-law apartment attached to our garage) is not feeling well and my father has been evicted from his apartment so I have to move him to an assisted living facility about 40 miles from here next week. Oh, and my husband is an alcoholic. Almost forgot that part. The inside is dead tired.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

To quote the old SNL..."it's always something!" haha esp. where A's are involved. Thank you all for your responses...it make me ar least feel in good company!
Old 08-20-2005, 09:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Talk therapy for me was more helpful than any pill. Is it possible to see a counselor.
Venting here is excellent, but I still needed a face to face person. Just no fun to swear a blue streak and no one to hear it.

Also have you had blood work done, salt and iron are so important. I was amazed when the Dr. said I was low on salt. Dummy me, I thought salt was a want, not a need, unless working hard in the sun and sweating it out. Anyway low on salt can cause tiredness, and low iron of course.
Just suggestions.
Usually takes anti-depresants 30 days to kick in, how long have you been on them???
IMO if we are angry and if we can read these posts and answer and we can vent here we are not depressed.
I have an anti-anxiety Rx that works in about 30 min. I take at bedtime so my brain will stop working overtime, however I believe it makes me tired a bit all the next day.
Another tidbit, give up sweets and eat nuts, cheese or meat every 2 hours.
take what you can use and leave the rest. Lv Ya
Old 08-20-2005, 06:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Clancy: Thanks for the suggestions...I will give them a try!
Old 08-21-2005, 08:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I know how you feel. All the problems really start to take their toll on your body. Sleep, your body needs it. Listen to your body.

I have a one year old and work full time, and have a hopefully recovering AH (sober times 9 days now). Just got diagnosed with bipolar disorder and is on meds, that is helping him. Been a very stressful summer.