OT - A Dog who hates drunk men ....

Old 08-15-2005, 05:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - A Dog who hates drunk men ....

Here is a picture of my dogs sibling. His name is Gogo and he hates drunk men. His breeder owns him and when any man comes into her house and is drunk, he chases them out! It's the strangest behavior I've ever heard of, but a sure way to know if someone is drunk of not!

Old 08-15-2005, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

lol...

somebody drunk must have kicked him or something...

Gogo obviously relates the smell of booze on someone's breath with something to fear...

And it isn't that dogs hate booze... cause I use to know a beer swilling dog.... and one that would go around and drink from abandoned cups... ;o)
Old 08-15-2005, 05:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Actually, Belgian Shepherds are so in tune to body movement I think it's the erratic behavior of a drunk that causes him to scare the bejesus out of most drunks he see's. Maybe he scares them sober! LOL
Old 08-15-2005, 05:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

beautiful and SMART doggie!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I want a dog like that!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 10:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
brightlight

I forgot about this, but greyhounds will spook when a drunk comes in. There was a night that I let the dogs in and they threw themselves at their doors to the crates trying to get in. The owner's son had come in the kennel to help me and he was drunk. I have seen it several times. The drunk will not be doing anything bad, no yelling, not anything. I remember when I was younger that a man came by our place to talk to my dad and the dogs went nuts. Most were scared and wanted to get away, but some were growling and barking trying to get to the guy and all he was doing was talking to my dad. Very strange, still makes me wonder why alcohol is called spirits.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

One time my H came in particularly messed up and our dobie let him know in no uncertain terms that he was not to come near me. She did not like for him to come near me even if he had only used a small amount . She just knows if someone is up to no good reguardless of what it is...she is mama's good girl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
PhotoAn1004.jpg (15.5 KB, 71 views)
Old 08-15-2005, 10:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

My dog always loved his dad, but there were plenty of times when he was drunk and my dog made it clear that he was not to try and touch me. In fact my dog often barked at him, while we were, um being intimate, bc he thought I was being hurt.
I love my dog!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I totally believe animals know when something's a little off. When I was a teenager I was far from innocent as far as the partying went. Normally the family dog was the type that would run right over the second you came in the yard and be all over you. When I'd come home somewhat intoxicated however he wouldn't come anywhere near me. He'd just sit on the other side of the yard and stare, like he wasn't sure if he could really trust me or not. He always seemed to know when I wasn't quite myself. Even in my drunken mind I knew not to go anywhere near him, I honestly didn't know how he'd react.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i love all the puppy pictures!

splendra - he is magnificent!
Old 08-16-2005, 11:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Here's mine, in one of his more productive moments..
Old 08-16-2005, 11:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((cw))))

She is magnifigant that is my sweet LULUBELL.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Awwww........everybody's "babies" are soooooo cute! Good thread, Judy! I don't know if my 3 can smell booze cuz they've never been around it, but they protect me like crazy!

If they hear the slightest noise, they let me know. They're shih tzu's and Harley jane (on left) is part poodle. Paco is wearing the antlers (he hates that) and Ginger Sue is Harley and Paco's daughter.