A Good Day for a laugh

Old 08-12-2005, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Good Day for a laugh

What was the last thing that made you really laugh?

Mine was our puppy (huge monster puppy) was running around the living room and I thought he had blown a brain cell when my daughter explained that he was barking at the reflection of himself in the window. With a toy in his mouth he was running around trying to take the "other dogs" toy without dropping his. lol

have a good laugh today friends,
quietsins
Old 08-12-2005, 07:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bottom shuffle!

Another doggy one!

My (was my) little dog Jack adopted D as his new owner so D is trying to learn 'pup management'. Jack has a tendency to test boundaries - you say 'OUT' and he'll see if that means four paws or two out the room, you say 'On your bed' and he'll see if resting his chin on it is enough!

So D has begun, his first attempts at telling Jack exactly what to do. D's not really cut out for it - he's too soft and commands get lost in amongst 'please, thank you, and the dogs name, but none the less they will muddle through and it seems to harm neither one ('ickle dog still knows his commands).

This morning D was trying to get Jack to sit and wait to be told before running to retrieve his toy thrown by D. Jack has this well mastered with me so he does know the ropes - but hey, he's a terrier so taking advantage of D's inexperience is just fun. D finally got the upper hand, or at least it looked that way until Jack started to shuffle sideways towards the toy while still sat on his bottom!! NEVER - NOT EVER reward an out an out mistake, and laughing your head off while the dog gets the toy is reward - terriers learn from reward.

On the next attempt I've never really seen a manouver like it! The sideways bum shuffle done at speed....

Then we had to go to work - I'll leave D to sort out his 'Sit and Stay' routine another time.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well.. my cat Maru has lived with my dog Blue for 9 years... and every once in a while... when he is just sitting there... she'll go up and whap whap whap.. claws out.... hissin all the while....

Blue just takes it...lol

and then he looks at me with this "what did I do..????" look on his face...

I just give him a coupla pats and explain that she is a female and there is just no accounting sometimes.... ;o)