solid ground

Old 08-03-2005, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

solid ground

I don't want to feel too good or too bad anymore. I have found when I feel great it is like living in a beautiful castle in the air great view, it seems closer to God...
It's a long drop...

I now perfer and soilidly build house on the ground and when I go outside I am still on the same level. I know where that hole is that leads to that castle in the air.... It is a long drop.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hear what your saying and you ar right. I want that, too. But the bad feelings have been so bad lately that the good feelings come with such exhilaration that I can't seem to get the balance just right. One day at a time.

J
Old 08-03-2005, 07:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Enjoy the mountain tops and castles in the air.
That isn't a hole, it is the other side of the mountain.
As we climb one mountain...enjoy the view once on top.
Mountain tops are a place of rest. There will be another valley between this mountain peak and the next. There will be many mountain tops and life has it that a valley happens to be between them.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by best
Enjoy the mountain tops and castles in the air.
That isn't a hole, it is the other side of the mountain.
As we climb one mountain...enjoy the view once on top.
Mountain tops are a place of rest. There will be another valley between this mountain peak and the next. There will be many mountain tops and life has it that a valley happens to be between them.

I'll go with that. Life does have ups and downs and I think we have emotions for a reason, emotions have survived and evolved with us so surely the answer is to value them?

But then hey - I'm a volitile person and so maybe have a different perspective but I don't think that's wrong as long as it isn't damaging, I don't think it damages me because it becomes a catalyst for change. Sometimes pain drives me to find answers and the joy when a new answer is found reminds me to appreciate the action I took. I don't want a flat life, instead I want a life where I'm learning from it's challenges and enjoying successes.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Well I have been up and I have been down and I have been to the other side of the mountain.

Joy yes I have experienced joy... the birth of my child, getting my degree, seeing the good results of hard work all of these joys put my feet on the ground.

I can see the mountain and enjoy it's magisty yet not have to climb it.... been there done that

I have fallen into enough holes to know that many times it seems like I am climbing and that is because I am upside down in my thinking...

Elated yes elated that I am falling upside down and gonna land on my head the manic side of my depression the down side up...oh I am helping somebody sickness...nope I am done done done....no more super codie for me
Old 08-03-2005, 08:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Your house sounds wonderful.

Its not a cave to isolate in.
Not a tree to hang on to.
Not a hut built on quicksand to fall into,

but...a solid, impefectly built set of walls to keep you warm and your feet on the same level as life.

Keep building!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Yes I know everything is going to be alright for sure.

I remember times when I was just a little too elated or that things were going the way I wanted them to and then... the other shoe droped and so did I. Now everyon takes off both shoes before entering my house..

If someone in my world wants to create some drama or avoid the facts... I can just go pick up my hoe go out to my garden and get my neck a little redder...I like being a red neck...