One day at a time!

Old 08-03-2005, 06:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One day at a time!

I just wanted to share a little good news. D is doing really well - he's been swimming yesterday and today and drove us there today. He has his belated birthday meal tonight with 6 of us going and his attitude is that he knows he has to get back out and about, he says he's looking forward to it. Unlike last week the last couple of days have at least been more than just one giant craving!

He still has his assessment for help on Friday so none of the above means that looking for extra help has stopped, just that he has some chance of avoiding crisis intervention, and getting back to work a little sooner.

I feel great! I went swimming twice yesterday, once with D and again later with friends. I'm sleeping like a log, eating well and I'm enjoying a restful week. It's hard to know whether I feel better because D is better or whether it's from the effort I've put into me, but either way I feel good. I think at least some of it is changes in me because normally with a meal out looming and D trying not to drink I would be worried about lots of things, but I'm just looking forward to it.

Today is good!
Old 08-03-2005, 06:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((equus))) today is good indeed! lovely post!
Old 08-03-2005, 06:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This post is a nice reminder that there is hope, even in the most seemingly hopeless situations! I'm glad to hear you are feeling good. I firmly belief that taking care of you is the major culprit!!

Today is a really good day!

:-) Shannon
Old 08-03-2005, 07:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yea, for you!!! I hope for that hope.

J
Old 08-03-2005, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

AND..... D has said if it comes up he's going to try and be more open about what's happened. He's always said I could tell them whatever I want but he's never asked and I've never told him what I do say - apart from my best friend who he knows I tell pretty much everything to.

I prefere everything out in the open and I think it'd be a hell of a milestone if he did say something like that - after all mostly he dodges saying anything much about anything without a drink. Right now though I'm happy that he's even thought of doing it.

On top of all the above we're going to my favourite curry house for the second time this week! Yummmmmmmmmmmmm...... King Prawn Karahi here I come!!
Old 08-03-2005, 09:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 08-03-2005, 03:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We had a good meal. D didn't say anything except that he had stopped drinking. He said he still enjoyed it and I think he mostly did. He did say he was tempted because he had beer 6 inches from his hand - but he said it was dealable with (obviously - he didn't drink!). He also said he wants to get better at that stuff rather than avoid it. He doesn't think the temptation will ever go away.

I had a good time, the food was great, the bill was small and the poor waiter was rushed off his feet! I think we made his night because we chipped in for a £12 tip!
Old 08-04-2005, 03:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

glad things are going well.