WAH WAH...Totally off topic...vent....

Old 08-02-2005, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

WAH WAH...Totally off topic...vent....

This is way off topic but need to vent.....Some of you know I work in the real estate industry, apartment management. Today, I came into work and found a note on my desk.....I QUIT.....If you want to know the reason, call me....keys attached......
WTF?????
Now, this is a 57 year old man mind you......Not that it is a great loss, he was basically a body that accomplished only 1/2 of what was really expected. The biggest problem is my boss, the owner, won't pay a decent wage for maintenance, so THIS is the type of person the ad attracts...mind you he was the best of the lot when I hired him. Now I am back to square one, looking for someone qualified that will work for meager wages.....Not only do they have to work a 44 hour week Monday thru Saturday, they are also expected to be on call 24/7!!!!!! Sorry to whin it's just a frustrating position to be in....thanks for listening.....
Love, Patty
Old 08-02-2005, 07:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ugh!

pmaslan,

detach detach detach, ya get what ya pay for. It stinks to be in the middle but ultimately it is your bosses problem!!!

Hugs!
Old 08-02-2005, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks FC ....I wish my boss that that way............LOL
Old 08-02-2005, 08:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((patty)) - yeah it does suck when you aren't in charge of the budget. it's like lots of other places - nursing homes, teachers, there are hard working folks who don't get paid near enough for the work they do.

not trying to start a controversy here - just a lot of hard working folk out there who don't get compensated for it - which in turn means turnover.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Chris...In this case it is definately the companies fault.....they hire janitors and want them to be master plumbers, electricians, woodworkers, tile installers, so on and so on....the answer for me is to find a new company to work for that is living in the "real world." I will putting some irons in the fire......
Old 08-02-2005, 09:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

patty - good luck - i'll say a prayer for you girlfriend!
Old 08-02-2005, 09:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((((((Chris))))) Thanks
Old 08-02-2005, 10:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

amen gianna - absolutely!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Gianna....I have to say my experience with an alcoholic although not a pleasant one, has been extremely enlightening for me in all areas of my life. I used to like to control things, situations, people, ect.....I have learned through working a program.....just as you said....courage to change the things I can....thanks for recognizing my efforts....."I've come a long way baby!!!" LOL
Love, Patty
Old 08-02-2005, 03:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

pmslan, I also work in the Real Estate field, however I am a licensed secretary. The company I work for also owns 5 apartment complexes and the maintenance man also does work for the 2 real estate offices. We are lucky enough to have very generous owners. He is paid very well. If it's something he can't fix they have no problem calling a licensed plumber, electrician, etc. How frustrating for you. Look at this as an opportunity and maybe you can find a better job. Good luck!!