I Just Read A Trread...

Old 08-01-2005, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Just Read A Trread...

i just read a thread by Emily33- talking about her AH missing her nephews wedding- boy can I relate. My AH missed his baby brother's wedding (that he was supposed to be in) June 25th.
But you know- I read alot of threads here- and we all have some issues in common it seems.
I am really hurting tonight- actually I have been for the last 2 nights.
Yesterday (7/31)was my wedding anniversary- 2 years I got a sitter lined up on 7/30 and my Ah and i had been planning to go out and eat somewhere nice and spend a night alone (something we never get to do)
Well- he got drunk and showed his ass on that night- the next morning 9our anniversary) he wants to make it up and take me out to lunch.
Well- I was feeling forgiving (our anniversary and all) so I say- "well- it's not even 11am yet- lets go have a late breakfast instead" but he REALLY wanted to go to this certain resteraunt.
I don't know why I didn't realize that t was Sunday- and this resteraunt was the only one serving Alcohol on sunday.
We get there- and get seated. it is 1130AM. The waiter comes up and asks me what I would like and I order tea and an appetizer- AH says "I'll have a double Maker's and coke"
When the waiter told him they didn't serve liqour until 1pm- He started cursing and acting a fool- I wound up getting mine to go and stayed at my sister in laws until bedtime- boy what a great anniverary.
I think what tops it all off is that this morning - after showing his ass TWICE and ruining our anniversart- He says, "why aren't you talking - are you mad at me?"
good Lord help me
Old 08-02-2005, 05:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ellima - who knows what they think when they say those kinds of things - like gianna said it could be one of many things. or it could be that we have accepted unacceptable behavior for so long that they just assume everything will be ok in the morning (or whenever).

al-anon, counseling and especially coming here to talk to my "family" has helped me in so many ways to connect with myself.

hugs - christie
Old 08-02-2005, 05:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cwohio
we have accepted unacceptable behavior for so long that they just assume everything will be ok in the morning (or whenever).
That is an eye opener. It was definitely a DUH! moment for me.

J
Old 08-02-2005, 06:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Same here..........thanks for the reality-check!
Old 08-02-2005, 06:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ooo - must mean i am learning something in my recovery - and here i thought i was a slow learner! lol

now - working on refusing to accept the behavior takes a bit of practice!