I'm worried, but trying to be strong....

Old 11-07-2002, 09:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm worried, but trying to be strong....

Hey everyone...Once again I come down for a breather and this is where I want to be. Just like home.

I can't sleep, so I figured I have lots to catch up on here.

I am without a job right now. Since this past Tuesday. I am pretty scared, the job I thought I was going to take wound up getting phased out at the last minute...and so here I am. I know it was the right thing that I left where I was, I know my HP was telling me it is time to go, I am just wondering what he wants me to do or feel now. I am scared.

I got the ball rolling right away. Been applying at different places and trying to make alot of contacts. I will be safe with bills for another 2-3 weeks. I am hoping by next friday I can find something with the ability to support my daughter and I. I went today to apply for assistance temporarily and that seems to take sooo long. Told me I would hear from them in a few weeks for an appointment. I can't wait for that.

I'm trying to hang in here...do the best I can. Every time I look at my little girl I feel like I have failed her in some kind of way? I don't know why I feel like that. Maybe it is the old me surfacing. That person deep inside that still needs work. The co-dependent one.

I miss you all, I hope everyone is well. Things have been crazy for me.

Hugs!
Old 11-07-2002, 10:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Bonbon,
You are strong!!! And you haven't failed
your daughter at all. I know a wonderful
job is coming your way-think of it as
time to regroup inbetween jobs.
My thoughts and prayers are with you-
I think something wonderful is about to
happen-I know your HP won't let you down.

Hugs,
Old 11-07-2002, 10:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Bonbon,

That's scarey, but it's going to be ok. You have a good long work record. Good employees are hard to find. Have confidence in yourself and know just how capable you are. Walk in with your head up and shoulders back and speak highly of yourself.

Whoever hires you is lucky to have you.

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-08-2002, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bonbon,
My prayers are with you as you look for a new job. I think something interesting, challenging, flexible, and high paying should do the trick. Hang in there, something is in the works.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi bon bon

Firstly, i sometimes look at sean and feel i failed him , but i remind myself that he is still here with me today, and that we survived the toughest times toghether, im not a perfect mum, or a super human mum, but i am a mum that really loves both my kids, and i''v absolutly no doubt that ur the same, never feel that u failed your daughter, your her rock and evrything u do , u do with love,
As for your job, just be yourself, i've never met u in person, but u have answered some of my posts and given me invaluble surport and advice, u cant fail to get another job, because ur a lovely person inside and outside, and people do see this.
Stay positive , im thinking and sending out postitive vibes for you and ur daughter

big hugs, love spin
Old 11-08-2002, 06:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Fantastic Member

Bonbon...
Have faith you will find a job! I hope you went right to the unemplyment service too! You said you went somplace?
You will be OK....I am not sure what you do for a living but..lucky it is Christmas and around here they are hiring if only for a bandaid type job.
I lost my jop with three teenagers...and single years ago...I know the horror of a surprise job loss. I was in shock...and I did not have hardly a dime. But we made it...and I did get another job... but at the time is was the worst feeling on earth.
You a good lady....things will come your way!
Love you
Kitty
Old 11-09-2002, 08:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

(((((((((((((Bon))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry you're going thru a rough time right now. I know you'll find something soon.

Never doubt that you're a good mom and YOU are not letting your daughter down. She loves you no matter what!! You are always there for her and that is what counts.

You are a wonderful person and have offered me much support and great advise. I have a few things girls clothes sixe 6x that still have the tags on them and a few girl toys that I can't return (lost receipt) email me later, I'll send them to you. You can give them to your daughter for Christmas since it's right around the corner. I'll help in anyway I can.

Take care and know that I'm thinking of you and your daughter.

Love,
Galnva
Old 11-09-2002, 10:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I appreciate you all so much. The support is much needed right about now. I had my daughter home the past couple of days as she was out of school...so it was difficult to job hunt. I am gathering newspapers this weekend and Monday morning I am hitting it hard. I pray something will come through. Thank you all so much for your support.

Love yall!
Old 11-10-2002, 03:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Bonbon,
Sorry for waht you are going through. I have been there, done that and lived to tell. In fact, I just found out that my contract job will end on January 8, and since its contract there is no unemployment or anything. Today I am grateful that I found out NOW so I can be pro active. You should be able to find something to tide you over thru the holidays... and perhaps your HP has the perfect job out there for you! All I can recommend is to network like crazy. I have found my last 2 jobs by referral, and its important that you get the word out to everyone you know about your skills as well as your need.

Remember, its ok to let people help you. It blesses them more than it blesses you, and someday you will be given the opportunity to bless someone else when the time is right.

Hugs
Osier59