A week from hell!

Old 07-28-2005, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
brightlight

A week from hell!

I told what happened last Thursday and him wanting the truck keys. He got even by not coming home from the bar after work Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon. Tues he promised to change and not go so came home with beer. Drank 3 and we were talking okay, but I am exercising and went for a walk and we saw him crossing the street to the bar. He saw us and came up to us and I said I was going to this event that is going on where he works. He said fine. I said the kids and I and my daughter's friend and her mother, can you get us 5 passes, sure he says. I said great and then asked the other person if she wanted to go and she said yes and was all excited. Next day he says he cannot get us in and I say fine I will buy 5 tickets and he said I am not paying for their tickets and I said yes you are. You have been buying beer for your friends for 3 years, so I can by my friend a ticket, so he says he can get us in and will buy 2 tickets for the others. He is mad because I am coming to his job. I think it is either I am messing up his weekend fun or he does not want me there and to be seen because I am overweight. He said I am not interested in things like this and I said I am now. Now he says he cannot believe he drove me to this. What have fun? I have been sitting home for 3 years and waiting for him to stop drinking. They have these different events on the weekends and never invites me. He actually said that he does and now he says, so you are finally coming to an event I invited you to. NO I INVITED MYSELF!! Now he says he can get them in, just called, but cannot tell anybody. I said next event I will pay my own way in and everybody elses and not even tell you. I will just show up there and no big deal. I do not need any favors from you anyway, but thanks for this one, sorry it was so much trouble!!!! This friend I am going with is tired of her husband doing the same to her. She sits and waits for him to come home and he things he can get away with anything. He breaks things too, so we are going to find a night like twice a month or something and we are going out and leave the kids with the husbands and stay away for a couple of hours. At a bar of course. No other place would these men think we were having fun. No place on earth is fun. If I went to a movie or anything, then my husband just secretly and smugly thinks that I am having a boring time, but at a bar with a friend, OH MY!!! He does not want me to go to a bar because it is different for men than women. Men might hit on me and not on him. I said well if you WERE NOT SUCH A NICE MAN then maybe this would be believable. I walked in the bar one night around midnight and opened the door and stood and watched this girl bartender give my husband a goodbye hug. I said that girl did not say who are you and give you a hug, no the girl with the boobs hanging out of her shirt said oh, you are such a nice man and gave you a big hug, so what is the difference if some man says hey honey would you like another drink????????????? I am no different than you. I am sitting there minding my own business and if somebody talks to me then it is nothing. I am at the bar for some beer and to talk to the girls and have a few laughs. You said you were going for beer and to talk to the guys and have a few laughs, NO DIFFERENT!!! Other than I will not be drunk, spending too much money, and STAYING TILL CLOSING EVERY FREAKING NIGHT! I am going to one event and then I will go with her probably once sometime to a bar and then stop the drama, but at least I did what I said I would and the nexttime I say I am going to do something maybe he will believe me. When I had the truck and he said he was calling the police and reporting it stolen, it made me mad and so today I am having him take the title to the house trailer and put my name on it and I asked him if he knew why I was having him do that and he said because it is as much yours as mine and I said no, SO THAT YOU CANNOT CALL THE POLICE AND TRY TO HAVE ME THROWN OUT OF MY OWN HOUSE!! I had said before I wanted the house in both names and now I am making it happen. I am trying to follow through with what I say I will do. I told him I am walking now to lose weight and I will do it 7 days a week and I am losing weight and thinking and thinking and thinking. I am getting healthier and stronger and while I am out thinking I get ideas, like going to the event at your job next weekend!! I told him I am getting stronger and I have had enough and wonder what I will think up nexttime. He says he is not drinking anymore and he is quitting his job. I said quit, but I am still going to this event. I said I doubt you will quit drinking and when you do it will because you have had enough!!
Old 07-28-2005, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

May I ask if you are in recovery?
Old 07-28-2005, 03:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
brightlight

Doesn't sound like it does it? I have made progress. I want him to see that I can have fun and laughs just like him. He said he was living his life and I was not. He said that I just sit at home and never do anything. I am this time. To him this is the big of all events and I am dying my hair, having my nails done and he said what are you having done to your nails, and I said SOMETHING WILD and I will. I am getting some nice clothes and I am going to have fun and my kids will have fun, and our friends. Too bad he cannot say, oh this is my wife and kids or even ask to get off and go with us.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Why not do stuff to make YOU happy, rather than to prove a point?