My first ultimatum.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Equus
Just wanted to add my tuppence worth ( a little late) of support and say how much I admire your strength. I'm so glad you've got yourself help too and you're so clear-headed to see how you need to balance helping D and helping yourself.
Hope today goes well for you and that you have moments of peace or laughter or relief, whichever you nedd.
i've said it before and I'll say it again - D is lucky to have you, and likewise, not to underestimate the efforts he's making, you're lucky to have found your soulmate and know it. There's a reason for gratitude even through all your troubles.
((Hugs))
Sophia
Old 07-26-2005, 03:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If he drinks the doc's said he will be admitted very quickly. His doc said the same thing as my nurse mate did last night - some of this is manic, the optimism, the plans and being absolutely out of control. He's been told they won't hang around but that they'll offer the chance if it can be avoided.

I suppose that's why straightforward detachment wasn't the answer for me, although I still need enough elements of it to stay well. This feels right, some for him, with plenty for me too. It isn't a case of just letting him fall into his own hole though, where he's at that is neither reasonable or humane.

His willingness for help is still strong, today is a new day!

Thanks for all the support - I hope my verbal diareoah (can't bloody spell that word!) is of some use somewhere. Mental health problems and alcoholism so often go hand in hand, both are isolating, both tempting to hide away - neither one more powerful than the human spirit to survive!
Old 07-26-2005, 03:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Diarrhoea
Old 07-26-2005, 09:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Here in the states it's - diarrhea.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This brings back such memories. Deary I think we all have been where you are at. Such courage. Please make some backup plans for when you have a weak moment. It will happen. Our minds often drift off task and we start to wonder why it has to be this way anyway. I will pray that this will be the only event.