Haven't posted in 6 wks. - living in AZ now

Old 07-24-2005, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Haven't posted in 6 wks. - living in AZ now

Well, my AH went ahead and dumped $30K of "our" money - as he calls it - into a '96 R.V. so we could drive across the country from our home in Maryland to his new job in Arizona. Same old, same old ... he'll blow up at a comment I make or misconstrue what I say and start going off on me. So many times seeing the same performance finally made me decide to stick it out for two years here, then head back to my real home in the east.

Active A's are so volatile ... I never know when he's going to turn on me, although alcohol always fuels his outbursts. It's lonely out here ... miss the old support system back home. As soon as I can catch my breath from running around getting cars re-tagged and doctor's appointments, I'm going back to Al-Anon (which will be, thankfully, this week!).

Somedays I'm so weary from having to watch what I say or trying to brace myself for the next "explosion."
Old 07-24-2005, 01:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's no way to live .. take care!
Old 07-24-2005, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

WElcome back, hun, sorry for your pain. You know where to go to ge thelp,,,get there fast!! Just live the next 24 hours the best you can.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Prodigal,

Cynay and I are both here in AZ..If you are in the Phoenix area we would love to meet you. I know some great Alanon meetings here..

Best of luck,

Minx
Old 07-25-2005, 10:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

prodigal - glad to see you back but not under those circumstances. hang in there and i hope you can meet up with minx & cynay - they sound like awesome ladies!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to AZ.... Got to love waking up to a sunny day everyday!!!

Minx and I would love to meet you and I will bet that there is a list of Al-anon meetings and numbers floating around.... Are you in the Phoenix area???

I wish there was some profound advice I could give you .... I know what a hard situation your in and I came here knowing nobody too... *hugs* just one day at a time...