Daughter loves kerosene & glue

Old 07-23-2005, 05:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Daughter loves kerosene & glue

I have a beautiful 21 yearold daughter, who has been on drugs since she was 14. I am raising her baby son, as he was removed from his parents when he was born. I have watched her spiral down & just get worse & worse. But now she is drinking kerosene & sucking on glue tubes, she is often incoherent & at times seems totally crazy. I know she is losing her mind, does any1 have an suggestions on what i can do. Thanku
Old 07-23-2005, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

voododevil,

My suggestion would be to find some support in your area. For me it was Al Anon. I was able to make friends with a whole lot of people who were in my shoes. You would be amazed at how much it helps to simply know you are not alone or to be able to pick up a phone during a crisis.

By all means make yourself at home here. There are a lot of mom's and I am one of them. Learn about addicton, learn about the familie's role. It is not your fault at all but addiction affects the whole family and everyone who loves the addict.

Hugs to the grandson...he needs it the most...
JT
Old 07-23-2005, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sure it is really hard to watch your daughter self destruct, but until she wants to get help there is really nothing you can do. Also, I hope she hasn't done permanent brain damage.

You can mention some rehab places, but unless she wants to do it, it will not happen, that is the terrible part about addictions.

Alanon would be a good resource for you.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

First...Al-anon or Nar-anon meetings. Run, dont walk.
Second, call local ATP (Addiction treatment program) ask about Either Baker-act or Machman-act her into nearest treatment facility.

Baker - If she has psychiatric illness that would deem her a danger to herself or another

Marchman - If she is abusing herself with drugs or alcohol, deeming her danger to herself or another.
These are laws that would force her into a detox program for max of 5 days, however, once she is in, they will do everything they can to convince her to stay. Not a guarantee, but a slight chance.......

She sounds like she could qualify for either.

Third - dont even think twice about NOT doing either if these things. Do not worry she will hate you. She may, but she will be alive to do it.

Drinking kerosene and eating glue will kill her, without a shadow of a doubt.

Lastly, welcome to SR.......I hope you will get the help YOU and your family needs by going to al/nar-anon.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Wow, that is dangerous stuff ! I would look for an interventionist in your area and try to get her into treatment. Prayers to you and your family.
Bless, Trish
Old 07-24-2005, 05:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree with FriendofBill. It's so dangerous what she is doing. I sponsored a girl once who was sniffing Turpentine and Nail Polish Remover.

They do permanent brain damage.

Find Alanon for yourself ASAP and look into getting her into somewhere.

Ngaire