Is the Answer One Day at a Time?

Old 07-18-2005, 03:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is the Answer One Day at a Time?

most know my story. hubby retired 2 years ago and has been in a decline the past year. many trips to the ER due to alcohol withdrawal seizures only to go back to drinking. started 2 IOP programs and dropped out. got a dui about 2 months ago. spent 3 days in jail - went back to drinking. he's finally been dry for about 2 weeks now and (i believe) enrolled in another IOP by orders of his PO. things have been very peaceful and i am truly grateful for that but i am finding that i am examining how i truly feel at this point. not sure if feel the feelings it takes to want to work at this if he's truly into it this time around. i have prayed til i'm blue in the face that God will lead me to the right answers but I still have this empty feeling inside. he's been so sweet which makes it even harder to exxamine what my true feelings are. am i expecting too much to "know" what it is i want at this point? i am sooooooo confused! i guess i need to take it 1 day at a time and quit worrying about "down the road".
Old 07-18-2005, 03:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Chris....you are such a patient woman....I know how hard all of this has been on you...I also know you are working very hard on your own program....yes, one day at a time is the only way...you will know soon enough when it truely is enough for you....Hugs
Love, Patty
Old 07-18-2005, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks patty - i am just such an impatient person - character defect i suppose - and i want it all revealed to me NOW! lol
Old 07-18-2005, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your safe, things are peaceful - those two things buy you the luxury of being able to take as long as you want to think. It would seem a shame to waste such a luxury!!
Old 07-18-2005, 04:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((equus))) thanks

gianna - maybe i feel like this is the peace before the storm like it has been sooo many times before. i don't know - i guess an hour at a time will have to do for now. i just have to know that when it is time the answer willbe revealed to me. as it says in that powem - "life unfolds exactly how it supposed to" - thank you!
Old 07-18-2005, 04:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tried to sleep. Guess I haven't succeeded yet!
Cw read my sig
The operative word is 'Decide'
We can decide to let go.
We can decide to look for the good,or the bad in any situation.
We can decide to take life one day at a time.
We can decide to take it by the horns no matter what the outcome.

I looked back over your threads tonight.
You'll make the right decision; and as you have prayed till you're 'blue in the face' how about letting God get a word in edge ways
(((CW)))
Old 07-18-2005, 04:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks susane - i could use your garden right about now!
Old 07-18-2005, 06:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

The title of your thread is also the answer..

how do you feel today?

Thats it,,,just today. Keep your feet in today..thats all youve got...if your happy and the sailing is smooth, bend over, touch knees to floor, and say "thank you".
Old 07-19-2005, 04:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

FOB - thanks - the answer to your question is....i don't know how i feel and i guess that's my real issue. i do thank my HP for providing me a peaceful environment to try and sort thru my feelings tho!