Getting Involved In Order To Get Better

Old 10-31-2002, 10:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Smile Getting Involved In Order To Get Better

This is my first post here as I have just discovered this website. I am new to Al Anon having attended only one meeting. It is my 20 daughter who has the alcohol/drug problem, thus my desire to do all that I can to understand this problem and the problem it brings on the entire family. Let me state that she has recognized her problem and is in an intensive outpatient program. She also is attending AA meetings regularly and for all of this I am so thankful. I know my/her situation could be a lot worse and am so thankful she is where she is right now. But as we all know, we can all use some help.

I'm not quite comfortable posting my question here for reasons I really don't want to have to get into right now. Is it permissible for me to email a moderator or regular, reliable poster on here?

Thanks for any advice you can give me. And I have a feeling you'll be hearing from me often as I'm a firm believer of there is safety and support in numbers! Also, forgive me as I figure out all the little in's and out's of this board. At the moment my first job is figure out what a 'sticky' is!
Old 10-31-2002, 10:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Hangin' In!

I just wanted to welcome you! I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question about e-mailing, but I'm sure one of the moderators will be by shortly and can answer that.

That is wonderful about your daughters recovery. This is an excellent place for support and wisdom.!

The stickys are "stuck" on the top of the each board (they say - sticky, and then the topic) Very good, informative reading!
Old 10-31-2002, 11:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Hi -

I would also like to welcome you to the forum - this is a great place for fellowship.

To answer your quesiton -

go the the main index page where all the boards are listed. The column on the far right of your screen says Moderator - if you click on a moderators name you will be able to PM them. That means send them a personal message. That way you can ask a question privately.

Good luck to you and your daughter.
God Bless.