I had a lovely evening and a lovely day!

Old 07-09-2005, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I had a lovely evening and a lovely day!

Loads of people here gave me so much encouragement yesterday - then I went home and had an incredible evening. D and I chatted for 2 or 3 hours and his attitude just blew my socks off!! There were too many little things to list but I could see why he has come so far, I could see his own strength of character shine through and it felt like we were both talking from such good places. It's what any of us do with our chances that count - and I can heard all he plans to do with his, and then the today got to watch it happening.

This morning we went to the auctions and I could see an incredible difference - there seemed to be no tension, I could leave him at the flea market bit while I went to buy fruit then come back. It was just so different.

But the bit that made my day (which might not make sense to everyone and is too longwinded to explain), HE BID!! I didn't even know he was bidding, even though I was stood next to him - the first I knew of it was when he'd bought a £90 trolley jack for £20 and needed me to get our bid number out!!

We went for breakfast and I got hexidecimals/binary with my eggs - then flumped on the sofa until he started tickling me, which wound up a wrestling match!!

I wonder if encouragement like fear might be contagious? It would sort of make sense and I think it is, which would mean the huge dose I got from here yesterday spilled into real life. If that's the case, and it does feel that way - you can't know what a miracle you helped make happen, I don't think it's possible to put into words!
Old 07-09-2005, 12:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

hexidecimals/binary
And this is???
Old 07-09-2005, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well they say there are 10 kinds of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm being taken over to the other side...... EEEEEEEP!

Hexadecimal
Binary may be converted to and from hexadecimal somewhat more easily. This is due to the fact that the radix of the hexadecimal system (16) is a power of the radix of the binary system (2). More specifically, 16 = 24, so it takes exactly four digits of binary to represent one digit of hexadecimal.

The following table shows each hexadecimal digit along with the equivalent four-digit binary sequence:

Hex Binary Hex Binary Hex Binary Hex Binary
0 0000 4 0100 8 1000 C 1100
1 0001 5 0101 9 1001 D 1101
2 0010 6 0110 A 1010 E 1110
3 0011 7 0111 B 1011 F 1111

To convert a hexadecimal number into its binary equivalent, simply substitute the corresponding binary digits:

3A16 = 0011 10102
E716 = 1110 01112
To convert a binary number into its hexadecimal equivalent, divide it into groups of four bits. If the number of bits isn't a multiple of four, simply insert extra 0 bits at the left (called padding). For example:

10100102 = 0101 0010 grouped with padding = 5216
110111012 = 1101 1101 grouped = DD16
Apparently it's a doddle - but I can't even spell it!! I don't really recommend it for breakfast.... It looks like now I have it for tea too - DOH!! I must learn faster!
Old 07-09-2005, 04:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Reading your 2nd post on this thread has discombobulated (?did I make that up?) my brain! GOOD! because it's taken my mind in another direction; away from where it was.

Knowing that you had such a good day gives me great pleasure too. I'm not one for quoting sentiments but this came to mind as I was reading your 1st post.

Happiness does not come from what you have but what you are.
Happiness is in the heart not the circumstances.
Happiness is like the common cold it`s catching!

As for D bidding........... GO D!!
Old 07-09-2005, 08:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Happiness does not come from what you have but what you are.
That says it all. Glad you had a lovely day, Equus, and that D joined the bidding.

FD
Old 07-09-2005, 10:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Equus, I am really lost about the second post, bc I really dont know what ANY of that means. But I wish you heaps of encouragement my dear and more happiness that you can stand!!! I am so happy you were pleased with his actions!
Old 07-10-2005, 12:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

just to set the record straight - I had to google to give gefling a definition - I didn't understand it either!! But after a second lesson I'm getting there (I think?). I mentioned it because it's a D'ism to give me hexadecimals for breakfast and as much as I love it (which I have to confess I do), combined with eggs and bacon it gives me indigestion!

Our good day continued and since first writing this I'm more sure encouragement is contagious!!
Old 07-10-2005, 02:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Equus, hahaa....

I'm really happy you are enjoying life, but you may want to eh... cool it on the computer hacking hahaa jking round with ya.

What kind of pancake is a hexadecimal / binary one? hahaa youve obviously been hanging around other geeks one too many hours lol :P

Cheers
Old 07-10-2005, 02:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It is 4:30 in the morning on a Sunday and it is the last place I thought I would have to think about binary and hexadecimals!!! I am taking a computer science class this summer semester and I am just learning that stuff!

BTW I don't really know your situation but, It is always great to hear when someone else has had a wonderful day! good for you!!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Guess what I got with my breakfast this morning? Bet you can't......

I got to look at a fly's eyeball through the new microscope I got him. THEY'RE HAIRY!!! They have hairy eyeballs!!! And the mouth parts - I ain't even going to try and tell you but imagine the line between fascinating and disgusting and you're 3/4 way there!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Eeeewww! I think I'd prefer hexidecimels and binary with my eggs than fly eyeballs with my pancakes. Guess you could say you've been eye-to-eye with a fly.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

"Yes, I'll have the eggs scrambled, some coffee and an order of... HOLY CR@P!! WHAT THE FU...?"

You Brits sure do some weird things at breakfast... No wonder we wanted our own country so badly!!!

Glad your having such a great time together lately!
Old 07-11-2005, 09:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

equus - i wasn't around to give you support so i can't take credit but i can just FEEL the happiness oozing from your initial post!!!!!!! happy, happy, happy for you!
Old 07-11-2005, 10:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cwohio
equus - i wasn't around to give you support so i can't take credit but i can just FEEL the happiness oozing from your initial post!!!!!!! happy, happy, happy for you!
It was a general comment too. I do think that when I go encouraged and feeling good it effects the mood in the house and on Friday that matched with D's attitude too.

Words seem to be powerful things to me and ut really did feel like they had a part to play in making something I had no expectation of happen.

Oh - and the fly wasn't a fly - it was a honey bee, guess I'm no entomologist and should listen more carefully!
Old 07-11-2005, 11:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

bugs is bugs in my book!