He's going into rehab tomorrow

Old 07-03-2005, 09:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

meli .. Do you know, were the counselors all professional non alcoholic's????
I feel they are not as good as the recovering A counselors, or am I just old fashioned???. " Can't con a con" clancy46
Old 07-04-2005, 04:00 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Today is much better!! I can breathe again and relax.

I do feel badly that it had to end so nastily. I told ex AB numerous times it was through and he didn't hear it and manipulated me back in again and again and I failed and..... did.

His family now "hates" me and calls me a "B" which also makes me mad. I put alot of work into ex AB to get some help (enabling, I know) and back then, to them, I was an "Angel".

WHen I told him I wanted out and he'd tell them how "mean" I was to him, then they hated me.

I have no control over that or their feelings. I know what I meant to try and do and it went insane-ER when I wanted out.

So, be it. The main thing is that I'm now out. There's no way for him to contact me (unless he mails me something and then I'll just "return to sender") and I won't contact him.

If I EVER get weak and start to miss the good times we had, I WILL post on here, I promise!

My heart goes out to all of you that have helped me so much. I thank God for you and I pray that you're all having a really great day today.

(((Hugs))))
Old 07-04-2005, 04:07 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

So glad you're feeling better today.

Forget about his family - they sound as sick as he is. What other people think of you is none of your business. What YOU think of you is important. And I hope you are mighty proud of yourself. You have been on an emotional rollercoaster - take some time now to look after yourself. Perhaps look into some al-anon meetings - you don't want to end up going through all of this again with someone else in the future.

Take care, hon, and keeps us updated.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 07-04-2005, 04:41 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

So proud of your Girlfriend. What you did took an amazing amount of courage. Isn't the feeling great?

Keep up the great work. Lots of shoulders and hugs for you anytime you need it.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:56 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Originally Posted by Girlfriend

His family now "hates" me and calls me a "B" which also makes me mad. I put alot of work into ex AB to get some help (enabling, I know) and back then, to them, I was an "Angel".

WHen I told him I wanted out and he'd tell them how "mean" I was to him, then they hated me.

)
Same thing happened to me with xabf's family. His "mama" is the world's biggest enabler; I truly don't think he will ever take responisbility for his actions, hence he will never recovery, not with her following behind him and cleaning up all his messes...*rolls eyes*

I was the biggest angel and saint when I gave him the ultimatum, two years ago, to either get his butt to AA or I was out of there. They said if it wasn't for me, he would have never gotten sober. Now, I'm the bitch!! Too funny!!

Stay strong and have a good 4th of July!!
Old 07-04-2005, 05:44 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good for you! I'm very proud of you and if my words helped in anyway, then I did a good thing. Best of Luck to you.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:15 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ASpouse
Good for you! I'm very proud of you and if my words helped in anyway, then I did a good thing. Best of Luck to you.

You did a GREAT thing! Thank you. Your pain has not gone in vain. It's helping others like myself. Keep on doin' it!

I LOVE YOU, TOO, Minnie! And Gelfing,Clancy46,meli2005,FriendofBill,Savana 54 and n'body I may have left out.