Had An Awakening

Old 06-27-2005, 06:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Had An Awakening

My AH has been in recovery for about 19 months now. It's amazing how quickly I had forgotten how bad it really was when he was actively drinking.
Today I got to re-live what I used to go have to deal with, through someone elses eyes. My AH's old drinking friend is staying with us, he is trying to get sober. He has been attending meetings with my hubby on a daily basis, and went back to work. I have even grown close to his girlfriend who also comes and stays when she is not working. He was doing really well.......up until yesterday. He left the house at 12 noon and said he was going to met up with his sister, then pick up his girlfriend at work at 5pm.
Well I am sure we all know where this is going right???? Long story short, he never came back last night and still isin't back yet and it is 6:30pm. Anyways his girlfriend has been constantly calling his phone, he dosen't answer unless she *67's it. When she finally gets through to him he either hangs up or yells at her. So she asked me to drive her down to his house to get some of her stuff.
We were driving in the car, and she was crying, soo upset. Then it hit me THIS USED TO BE ME.......EXACTLY It took me back to the days when I would go through the same things with my hubby. Suddenly I felt this huge amount of guilt for ever getting pissed off at my hubby for going to sooo many meetings. I had totally forgot the way that it used to be, how bad it used to be, and how I felt when it was happening. I used to pray that he would get help and then it happened and I would actually get mad at him for it.
When we go to be at night I am going to tell him that I am very grateful that he works his program. I am going to tell him how proud I am of him for fighting this disease (because I know it is really hard sometimes.)

Anyways I just wanted to share with everyone, my own little awakening...it wasen't much but it was enough to make me think.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jordan, I think that is a HUGE lightbulb! Your HP is certainly working overtime to get you to have perspective in your life - first Jacob, now this.

I hope this is the start if something really wonderful for you.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 06-28-2005, 03:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

jordon,sounds like this is the start of something fabulous for you. First the good news about your son and now this. Your HP is working over time. I am so happy for you.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I believe there are no coincidences. These people were put in your life at this time for this very reason. And you were open enough at this time to really see what you were intended to see.

Many hugs,
JT