Back from vacation...

Old 06-27-2005, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back from vacation...

Just finished reading a weeks worth of post that I missed while on vacation last week. I went to visit my family in Lexington, KY it is incredibly beautiful in the mountains where my mom lives. I feel quite refreshed.
Ex AFinancee called every chance he could on my cell. Mostly left messages as I haven't any service in the mountains. Each time he called he was intoxicated, kept repeating everything over and over with each call. He finally left town last Friday (back to his parents in PA, the man is 49 years old for goodness sake!!!) Anyway, in each message he kept begging me to ask him to stay. Yeah right, finally seeing that light around the corner that Minnie keeps talking about and he wants me to talk him into staying!!!!!!
As you guessed I let him get on that train without one return call from me. His messages would vasilate between loving and downright hateful it was insanity. He called yesterday to tell me he arrived safely and that he sick with a sinus and lung infection. He asked if I would consider the possibility of us getting back together again. Instead of giving him the NO answer as I should have, I rehashed all the crap he dished out to me during the past year and a half. He listened and when I was done simply said "Fine, why bother" and hung up on me. I look at it this way I had my chance to finally unload all my feeling for what he has done to me and he ended it. Couldn't ask for anything better in my opinion. Everything does have a way of working itself in the wash!!!! On my way to happy happy days .......
Love, Patty
P.S. I missed all of you last week....
Old 06-27-2005, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Welcome back Patty!! Sounds like you had a great time!

The conversation that you described with your XA, sounds so familiar...First they are really nice when they want something, then after you explain why you don't want to be with them, all that they have to say is "FINE."

Actually it's kind of funny!
Old 06-27-2005, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A vacation is a good way to stand back and really ba able to look at things more clearly! I'm glad you got a chance to tell him how you feel. Congratulations on the beginning of a new life!