3rd Anniversary

Old 10-23-2002, 10:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile 3rd Anniversary

Today was my third wedding anniversary and I wasn't looking forward to it. I really didn't have any feelings about it. On our first anniversary my husband didn't even get me a card or acknowledge it. He looked at me like I was crazy when I suggested eating the top of our wedding cake and watching our wedding video. He said "why would I want to eat 1 yr old cake?"

On the 2nd anniversary, he gave me a card and said happy anniversary (probably because I spent the whole second yr making sure he didn't forget that first anniversary)

Anyway, today was a real surprise. I bought him a funny card and a small funny trinket. I also scheduled a job interview for tonight because I have no expectiations about these occaisions anymore. Well, he came home with a mushy, very appropriate card (in light of our current situation) and the most thoughtful gift ever. It was two gold charms of little boys with the initials of my sons on them. I can't believe he did that by himself. I'm shocked!!!!!! I mean this is a man who bought me a flashlight for my birthday last year.

It's really not the gift, it's the thought behind it. I've always told him all I wanted was for us to share the day together being nice to eachother. I tell him that on every occaision.

Even though I'm listening to that old familiar passed out snore on the couch, tonight I caught a glimpse of what it felt like to love and appreciate him and it felt good.

You know your starting to feel close to people when you want to share the good things with them too.

Good-night everyone!!!

Love,

Searching
Old 10-23-2002, 10:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you, Searching. It's nice to be reminded from time to time why we can't just take all that well meaning advice and simply leave the substance abusers that we love. Their addiction may be overwhelming, but it is not the total of what they are.

Happy Anniversary.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 10-23-2002, 10:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Happy Aniversary Searching.

Thanks for sharing your good news. Good news is always welcome.

Hugs,
MG

Old 10-23-2002, 10:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Happy Anniversary Searching

I am so happy today was special for you. They really can make us smile sometimes.

I did laugh about the flashlight. For Mother's Day once, I told my husband I wanted something for the garden....and he bought me 5 bags of dirt. . I bought my own rosebush.
Old 10-24-2002, 01:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's like 4:00 in the morning and I'm up with the teething baby. I couldn't resist turning on the computer. I think I'm addicted to this website (FIGURES:p )

Thanks for the well wishes, Anns, that's hysterical and actually, being a gardener myself, you can never have enough good dirt.

On my first mothers day (even though I had taken care of my husbands son for 3 yrs) my little one was 8 months and I was on bedrest, 2 months pregnant with my second. My husband said, "but you're not my mother." Believe me, I would have welcomed 5 bags of dirt.

On valentines day once I had a boyfriend who gave me a basketball. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Goodnight again!

Love,

Searching
Old 10-24-2002, 03:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Searching

Happy Anniversary!! It really is nice to hear the good things too. I am a firm believer in sharing the good along with the bad.

This site can be very addicting, I think we all are addicted

You have a great day!!

Be good to yourself.

Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 10-24-2002, 08:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

dear searching,
i took off my armor to read this and i'm crying and happy for you. happy anniversary!! i guess ive been keeping myself in a safe place. i didn't want to hope. it's real kind of you to share your feelings and reveal my vulnerable side.
p.s. i don't know what i did before i found this website.

hugs from sugar
Old 10-24-2002, 08:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Happy Anniversary Searching!
I am so happy that it was special for you!
It is great to hear good news!

One year for Christmas my A got me a 12-pack of coke, then asked for one as soon as I opened it. Said it was a joke.....ha ha...
Old 10-24-2002, 10:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It feels so good to laugh

Thank you Searching and Happy Anniversary. I am so greatful for finding this site, I haven't laughed so much in years, if ever.

MonicaR
Old 10-25-2002, 06:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((((((((((searching))))))))))))))))))))

Happy Anniversary.... I'm glad your day was special... Sorry I was so late... Your friend... clowie
Old 10-25-2002, 09:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Searching, Happy Anniversary!!! I am so glad it turned out well for you this year. I can remember each and every well meaning time my A spent with me. I will never let that side of our years together go.

Good news is always welcome! I'm happy for you!

Love ya!