Wow... You wouldnt believe this!

Old 06-19-2005, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow... You wouldnt believe this!

Hi everyone,

its been a while since I posted because I am neck deep in my grad classes at the college. Things have really changed. Really changed a lot.

I got an email from my exA... and it started a ball rolling that is really positive and good. And I read a book that has changed my life. Its called Who Moved My Cheese.

Read this book if you can. it was so very good. it sinks in like a good dinner. just kind of contented and then deeper and deeper meaning.

its about change and how hard it is to understand. it talks about four different approaches to change. And when applied to the relationship with my ex... i realized what my mistakes were, what his mistakes were, and what i could change for me.

One of those growth moments. I realized that we have a chance at a new relationship. based upon what we both learned of our old relationship. and that all the energy i have wasted trying to remember the past was just that.. wasted. each day is new. and it talks a lot about fear. fear of change. fear of the past. fear of the future. and you dont have to let fear paralyze you.

it was such an easy story to read. took less than an hour. yet it sinks in slowly and you can apply it to work, to life, to yourself, to your program, to your recovery, and to your relationships.

i feel such a sense of renewed hope. for my ex and I. something i havent felt in a couple years. ever since i realized how serious alcoholism was. and suddenly i feel as if we are both starting together on the same page. something countless reconciliations in the past didnt have. we are truly moving forward with hope, faith and love.

get the book, devour it... then let it devour the past and its shadows... for the future is bright, and beautiful... and even in the face of alcoholism... wonderful.

quietsins
Old 06-19-2005, 07:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great book. Would you recommend it to your exA? Or have you?
Old 06-19-2005, 07:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

I've heard of that book, heard it was a good read. Wow! A lot sure has changed with you!!

Good luck to you!
Old 06-19-2005, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

he and i sat down and talked about it actually.

there is an analogy in there about how we are always trying to recapture the old cheese, its a story about mice and such. anyways... we go on and on about how we had the cheese, and how it was suddenly gone. and we cry and get paralyzed by fear. what we dont realize is... the cheese was really old, and getting moldy and we have to look for new cheese.

he and i have new cheese. its different, its not the same as the past, but that doesnt make it bad, just... different.

he was the one who actually told me it was a great book. and when i applied it to our relationship. i realized it was the mourning of the past and the fear of the future and the memories of the past that werent quite accurate that kept me tied to it.

so now i dont know what the future brings. but darn if it isnt looking like a mighty nice bit of cheese today. and tomorrow.. i will deal with when it gets here.

quietsins
Old 06-19-2005, 07:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

What a lovely post! I read that book and I got the same message from it...how important it is to stay in the today.

Hugs,
JT
Old 06-20-2005, 10:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

quietsins,I am looking for this book... Who Moved My Cheese. Sounds like a quick easy read that I could use. Your analogy about how we are always trying to recapture the old cheese is interesting. Never thought of that in those terms before.
You have what I am always looking for. I just need to get my husband to realize this. Getting him to read the book might be a problem,but where theres a will,theres a way!
Old 06-20-2005, 07:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

That's my next read, QuietSins. I really need something that "sinks in like a good dinner." Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Binge poster

i get a cheese hangover if I even sniff at it.

Not fair!

LOL