Another Saturday Night!

Old 06-18-2005, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Saturday Night!

I am sitting here watching my AH drink his usual and the words to the song..."Another Saturday Night and I ain't got no body"..are going through my mind. Any one else have songs they are singing. Watching my AH on sofa,pass out,is getting boring and what a waste of a Saturday night.
I am leaving,just have to figure out how and when. Some have said leaving it up to the HP..send them on ahead to make the arrangements. Money has been a big worry of mine. I don't have that much. Leaving at my age is more then a challenge. Oh I know I am feeling sorry for myself. I have hidden myself deep in a dark hole,of what seems like no return. Alone...lonely...with a AH who only cares about drink. If I sent my HP ahead to get my future in order,how do you find the faith,strength and energy to go? I am going to AlAnon. Know I need the help. Thanks for letting me post.

Lyrics
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I've got some money 'cause I just got paid
Now, how I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in an awful way

I got in town a month ago
I seen a lot of girls since then
If I could meet 'em I could get 'em
But as yet I haven't met 'em
That's how I'm in the state I'm in

Oh,
I'm in an awful way

Another fella told me
He had a sister who looked just fine
Instead of bein' my deliv'rance
She had a strange resemblance
To a cat named Frankenstein

Ooh, la,
I'm in an awful way

It's hard on a fella
When he don't know his way around
If I don't find me a honey
To help me spend my money
I'm gonna have to blow this town

Oh, no
I'm in an awful way.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How many times I have sung the chorus to that song over the years! I also am leaving, how and when I don't know, but it will happen. Need a job first, but next big blowup, I'm out of here job or not! I never thought about sending your higher power on first, guess I need to be on speaking terms with him first tho, huh. Thinking about going back to church. Need to get back to alanon. Just rambling. Yeah, I've sung that song many times. When I am the lonliest is when he is right there in the room with me, passed out on the sofa.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The faith comes deep from within your heart and soul. It helps to give you the strength and energy to move on. It's very scary at first, but then... it's wonderful. Your future will be there for you when you arrive but it's as much a journey as a destination.
Yes, the loneliness of a body there but a mind too drunk to interact with you is EXTREMELY disheartening.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
brightlight

My Sat went like this. He calls from work and says he is going to the bar and I hang up on him. He goes to the bar and had not seen the kids except 5 minutes at lunch. We stay home and he is at the bar. We go to bed and he comes home at 1:30. Sunday he gets up before us and goes to work. Never calls and at lunch comes home and sees us for 5 minutes. I did not talk to him. The kids did not have time to give him his presents for Father's Day. He comes home at 5 and I do not look at him, so that is his excuse to go to the bar. Walks out the door and tells the kids he is going for cigarettes. Does not come back, so we go out to eat and shop for ourselves on Father's Day. Come home and he is in bed. They did not see him till lunch today and they gave him their presents and cards. I think I am going to make plans for next Sat. Sat. is always a bad day, but I am going to change that and find out what goes on in this town on Sat. that the kids and I can go and do and have fun.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

how do you find the faith,strength and energy to go?
You let go of your fear, trust that your HP knows what's best for you, and take a leap of faith. That's what I did and it was the best thing I've ever done for me.

Trust in your HP, trust in your ability to take care of yourself, trust in the knowledge that a better life awaits you.

Now go find your dream!