Thanks JessicaNAJ

Old 06-17-2005, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks JessicaNAJ

I bought Co dependent No More today and will start reading it tonight. Just wanted to thank you for the suggestion. I have been dealing with some non alcoholic related family issues in past week. All is on track now and back to working on me. Hope all is well with you.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Funniest thing happened, I was at work and a new coworker who just joined asked me something about my dating life and I briefly somehow got to say my ex is an alcoholic and he said he could relate.

Turns out his exwife is an alcoholic. Then the other guy who we were walking with started joking around about being codie and enabler, I was suprised he even knew those words cause I didnt learn it until my experience with an A, then he told me he read a good book Codie no more!!!

Highly recommended it and was humble and said how he is totally a Codie and we joked and it was great. So I think I'll have to check that book out soon too!
Old 06-18-2005, 11:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I started coming to SR, someone recommended that book to me. Since then, that book became my "bible" so to speak. It was such a relief to have something I could relate to after feeling so lost for so long. It never left my side until I finished reading it. It has more notes and highlights in it then any book I ever had in highschool. I've even read it a second time when I starting slipping back into my old ways.

I learned that my CoDe issues didn't start with my AH, they were there long before I got married. My codepenancy follows me in my life with him as well as my life with other people. I'm amazed how much A BOOK has helped with my life.

Sapphoness - no thanks necessary. It was my pleasure

Good luck to you. I hope this book is as good for you as it was/is for me.