A's reaction to reality!!!

Old 06-16-2005, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry A's reaction to reality!!!

Why am I the one to get help for somebody elses problem? She sits back and drinks and everybody has to have some professional to talk to. I mean does this make sence or am I just being a blonde? I gave her the letter this morning about how I feel and that I'm not going to be at her funeral looking at her wondering if there was anything else I could have done. Yes I was mad...her reaction was (what are you talking about....I didn't know that this upset you so much) That's when things got hot. I said "what did you think...I was going to sit back and let you kill yourself infront of me" When are you going to stay sober enough to realize that you have a problem and that the people around you that love you more than anything, don't want anything to do with you because of this. You and I have had alot of talks about this and because of your memory laps you can't seem to remember them.

I'm soooo pi$$ed off and I feel that I have every reason to be. I want to cure her and it's frusturating to know that I can't. If your child tells you that they have very little respect for you....would that not make you put the bottle down? I've never been an A but to loss the love from your child would be enough for me to put it down...right?

I'm changing my name to lost, frusturated, angry and tired..........
Old 06-16-2005, 07:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stressed 1
Why am I the one to get help for somebody elses problem? She sits back and drinks and everybody has to have some professional to talk to.
I said "what did you think...I was going to sit back and let you kill yourself infront of me"
I'm soooo pi$$ed off and I feel that I have every reason to be. I want to cure her and it's frusturating to know that I can't.
I'm changing my name to lost, frusturated, angry and tired..........
THIS is why you're getting help...look at how angry you are. You have every right to be ! Someone you love is hurting themselves....and it's a very painful thing to watch. It affects you in so many ways...probably in ways you haven't even discovered yet. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to make the alcoholic in our lives "see the light" until they're good and ready. Until that time (if that time ever comes), we have to take care of ourselves. That's what you're doing and need to continue to do.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Point is you are not an A and you do not know what it takes to reach bottom. My RAH broke my ribs at one point in a fit and didn't remember it, but that wasn't his bottom. My RAH missed out on so many moments with our young child and that wasn't his bottom. Some A's kill people and that isn't their bottom. We cannot understand simply because we are not A's. This disease has a strong hold on many and I do not presume to think that I know what is best for them, what their bottom is and when they will reach it. I also don't presume to know when they should get sober or how. You cannot control it, cure it and you did not cause it. Let me say that 1 more time. You CANNOT CONTROL it, you CANNOT CURE it and you DIDN'T CAUSE it. You cannot force someone to get help or to see things your way. I am glad I figured that out sooner than later because it gave me the chance to focus on myself. Step into Al-anon, it can save your life.