Venturing out on my own...I'm scared!

Old 06-13-2005, 07:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Venturing out on my own...I'm scared!

Tomorrow I take a big step, well at least it is for me. I'm going to take a three hour drive to the area that I want to move to and check out some apartments. I'm so nervous!! This will be the first trip I've made alone without xabf in over two years. I'm so used to him doing all the planning and being so bossy about where he wants to stay and what he wants to do.

I'm hoping I will be able to afford this move; although it looks like right now I'm a little short on cash. I'm praying to my HP that I will find a way to do this. Like so many of you have said, the money thing usually works itself out; I hope in this situation it does!! Because I'm almost broke.

I've wanted to move back for the last few years. I have threatned xabf so many times when he started his drinking, gambling and not coming home that I would leave him and move back to the state I'm from; but like most of us codies, I gave him a dozen chances. Now I hope I can do it this time on my own.

I'm both nervous, scared and excited all at the same time!! Hope my car will make it this time around.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just keep thinking positive thoughts and everything will be okay. Traveling alone can be a very soothing and peaceful thing. Think of it as three hours all to yourself - how often do you get that??? I hope you find a place and can make the move.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Like Benefits said, keep positive. Enjoy the ride. Keep us posted.

Blessings
Old 06-13-2005, 07:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Perhaps you could rent a book on tape (or CD) for the drive. That will make the time go faster. Hope you find a perfectly lovely little space that's all your own.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wishing only great things for you. Im sure once you get started you will not look back. Stay strong! Have fun
Old 06-14-2005, 04:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope you have a beautiful trip today... and I hope you find a really cool new apartment to call Home!

((((Savana))))
Old 06-14-2005, 06:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You can do it

Hi, I am also in the same position i have moved out and on and believe it or not as a man so used to having someone around helping or hindering as the addiction got worse I am a bit scared being on my own but peace and a future unknown but without all the baggages and abuse and manipulation and lies of addiction will be worth it. You will find inner peace and rest Good Luck!
Old 06-14-2005, 06:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you!! I think the money thing will probably work itself out. I think it is normal to be a little nervous. Keep us updated!
Old 06-14-2005, 06:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

have a wonderful trip - i usually try to play some of those mood cd (ocean waves with music, etc.) which is very soothing. you will have a wonderful adventure! have a safe trip and let us know when you get back!
Old 06-14-2005, 06:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good excuse to go cd shopping to me!!

I'm into world music (ie all four corners of it) when I go on a long journey I see how many continants I can listen through!!

Your whole post sounds like a changing tide in your life - enjoy every moment!!
Old 06-15-2005, 02:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Savana 54,how did it go? Said a prayer for you. Hope you had good luck.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

savana54. hope it all went ok yesterday.
im not used to taking the controll either.i didnt even know how to pay a bill a while ago.someone else had always done it for me.
im going to spain on my own with my son.no partner with me.so ill heve to take charge wont i.practice makes perfect.practice makes perfect.love ali.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Have a fantastic time. Why not make a tape of all your favourite tunes and play them loud!!!! Enjoy. Sing on the way and look forward to your new life!!
Old 06-15-2005, 10:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I truly hope everything went well for you.

I too have called it quits with AH. Thank God I am still am in the house that I own. It will be tough to stay here by myself.

I too am a scared as He$$. I just have to be strong and think okay- things will get better. I HAVE to think that now!!! I do not know that but I have to think that! If I can not do this then I know I wil have to sell. I do know in my brain that selling is better that living with an abusive drunk. My heart just wants to keep living here.

You have my prayers and best wishes
Old 06-16-2005, 12:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

We are with you in spirit, I know people pray for you and I believe destiny will be there to show you what you were meant to see.

Stay strong, chin up, you'll be just fine...
Old 06-16-2005, 09:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and prayers; you're all so kind!!

Your prayers certainly helped me out!!
Old 06-17-2005, 01:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

i was so moved by your post and wanted to send you a big reassuring hug.

It's exciting and nerve racking for me to do such big things which i can find are so grown up and all that but the more i grow in recovery i realise i am a real, valid, responsible adult.

blessings to you
Old 06-17-2005, 07:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

BTW...how did it go? Did you find a great apartment that you may move to? Glad you are taking steps to move upward and onward....good for you....
Love, Patty