Angry (vent)

Old 06-10-2005, 06:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Angry Angry (vent)

Today I just realized how mad, angry I am that I had to work four days in a row all 8 hr shifts. I realzied that I am angry because I have to work because my parents will not help with college. It is all up to me and I hate them for that. I know that I am 19 now and should work to pay for gas, car insurance I know that but to work all these hours because i need money for college in the fall. I knew it would not be easy for me to go to college but I am now thinking is it worth it anymore? If my parents had good jobs they could help pay for my education. I understand that they have things too but I just get mad and this time I really I am angry. Even if my parents had the money I still do not think they would help me. I let this upset me today and it is not the only thing going on.
My sponsors dad passed away and I can't do anything to help I have to work tomorrow and that is the funrual. It really pi#### me off. I know that I am just b####ing right now but I had to get it out.
LOve,
Shana
Old 06-10-2005, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

We all bee b!tchin sometimes my sweet young one...we all get angry. Can you apply for a pell grant to help you ? There may be other scholarships available too you are a good student you should be able to find some help with tuition...
Old 06-10-2005, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((shana)) this is the place to get it out girl! i'm sorry you are in a bad place, but splendra has suggested an excellent idea.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Also there are student loans that are guaranteed. Usually you won't need to worry about paying them back until a year or two after you graduate. Check with your financial aid office at your College. You can also check out the FAFSA website; this may have a little bit of info. for you reguarding Aid and Grants.

http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

(((((hugs))))
Old 06-10-2005, 06:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks guys. I did appply for all that and I got 14, 000 I still have 6,000 left. I will have to take out a student loan.
thanks for listening I am just havinga bad day
Love,
Shana
Old 06-10-2005, 06:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Shana,
Remember the day you graduated, and how proud you felt. YOU did that, without help from anyone. It was your accomplishment and your day. I PROMISE you that you will feel even better about college. The kids whose parents pay for everything? Most of them just party and mess around... the kids who work and pay for it themselves? They succeed, and they have an investment in their future.

I have every confidence in you that you're going to do well. Student loans are affordable, and many places offer work study too. I did that, worked on campus and got a bunch more financial aid.

HUGS - and much love
Barb
Old 06-10-2005, 08:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Here's the true long term view...

A few years from now you'll be a college grad. Juggling job offers...a little farther view...owning a home. Driving a nice car. Enjoying a career you love. And you'll take a good look and think:
I DID THIS!

You deserve to be button popping proud about all you've accomplished and
have even more accomplishments coming!

You're the BEST!

You can b*tch and whine at us anytime...
Old 06-11-2005, 06:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I when to college not to long ago and it's a time in your life that you don't want to miss. My parents helped a bit, but I never finished and I would love to kick myself in the a$$ for not doing so. I went back about 10 years later and finished....and you know what....it's the best feeling in the world. It hard now but before you know it...it's done and your a grad. Good look !
Old 06-11-2005, 08:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I feeling a little beeter this morning. I know thaty I have to do this so I can get out and have my own life and this experience will help me grow even more. Thanks for all the support.
I am off to work again.
LOve,
Shana
Old 06-11-2005, 09:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Shana,

one step forward... one at a time... and feel free to b tch.... we all need to vent.. otherwise we would blow up. you have lots of positive energy headed your way. and we all believe in you.

quietsins
Old 06-11-2005, 02:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Shana: (I met some of your friends the other night and boy, are they proud of you! The one lady has the same sponsor as you and was at your graduation party--they led alanon intro at Mercy Impact program)

Can you work a few hours at school? I had friends and a sister that worked one meal at their caffateria; my husband and some of his friends worked a few hours for the campus A_V department; did things like run the projector at the student union....now that was in the 70's so probably don't have that job any more, but dorm front desk, etc; wash dishes at the faculty club...those are some of the jobs friends had..just a few hours a day or week. Maybe that is an option to consider?
Old 06-11-2005, 02:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm sorry if I sound cold about this but I wish I could have only worked a 4 day work week when I was in college. My parents were unable to help me pay for college due to financial reasons, I understand that, I'm not angry because my mom didn't work, had she worked maybe she could have paid for me to go to college. I was the one who wanted to go to college so I was the one that was going to get there all on my own. I worked 2 or 3 jobs all through college never working less than a 50 hour work week. I worked full time days and then took a full load of classes at night and had a couple of part time jobs on the weekends. It was hard but I did it myself and no one can ever take that away from me. Working 4 days a week is hard - I know - but in the end you will be able to say you did it all on your own.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Benefits
no you do not sound cold hearted at all and I understand where you are coming from. I know that my parents do provide a house for me to live in and it is hard for them to do that so I should be happy and grateful for that. I knew all along that I would have to pay for it by myself . It is going to be hard but I want to go to college so I have to do it. I was only complaining because I had to work 4 days in a row. I work about 7 or 8 days total in two weeks just enough under full time so they do not have to give e benefits. I know what it is like to work two jhobs too I did it my senior year in high school so I understand where you are coming from thanks for you input.

Love,
Shana
Old 06-11-2005, 07:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Glad you don't think I am cold - because I'm really not. Another benefit of working your way through college, aside from your own personal satisfaction and believe me that is priceless, is that potential employers are always impressed with someone who has really "earned" it. I know I was told by every employer I have had since college (3 of them) that what impressed them the most was my ability to work and go to school F/T at the same time. As an employer (well the one who does the hiring for the company) I can tell you I am much more impressed with the college grads who also have work experience - even if it not at all related to the position but knowing that the person has a good work ethic is important.