He is breaking my heart

Old 06-09-2005, 06:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy He is breaking my heart

I can't understand what is going on with a good friend of mine. We have been close friends for the past 3 years and so many times, he is good to me. But, there are times that he just stays so moody and is very hard to communicate with. He gets downright mean sometimes. I don't want to give up on him because I know that there is so much good in him as he shows it to me a lot.

But, it is hard to get hurt when I do. Lately, he has been under a lot of stress and is even more irritable and mean than usual. I should probably back off and give him space to sort out his emotions and feelings. This would probably be good for the both of us. I hope he finds himself soon. I miss the dear friend that I know is still inside of him.

I can only pray for him and let God take over the rest. Please pray for my friend. My heart is aching for him right now and it is hard.

Love,
Cheryl
Old 06-09-2005, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((Angelhugs)))

Prayers going out for your friend...
Old 06-09-2005, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Angelhugs))) - prayers for you and your friend - may you both have peace and serenity soon!
Old 06-09-2005, 07:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can't understand what is going on with a good friend of mine. We have been close friends for the past 3 years and so many times, he is good to me. But, there are times that he just stays so moody and is very hard to communicate with.
It might be that he isn't very well. Do you know him well enough to suggest he asks a doc? I think it can be very hard for fellas to say how they feel.

Alternatively - there might not be something wrong it just might be a rough patch in a frienship. I can think of times when the best of my friends have baffled the hell out of me!

Either way - hope it starts to get better soon.....
Old 06-09-2005, 07:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My prayers are with you and your friend. I hope that he is able to work through his feelings and get back to being himself. Just letting him know that you are there if he needs to talk is probally all you can do right now if he is not able or willing to share his feelings with you for whatever reason. Knowing that he has a caring friend like you that supports him means a lot, I am sure. Equus suggestion of him seeing a dr. is good one, due to his stress he may be suffering some form of depression/anxiety, if not for medication purposes even for counselling.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone for the words and the prayers.

I just don't really know what else to do except to just let go. But letting go is the hardest thing to do. Half of me wants to hang on no matter what and believe in that good part of him, yet I'm just tired of hanging on and being battered by the wind.

And he is always falling thru on what he tells me he is going to do. He told me he was going to take me to a movie and he ended up taking someone else. So many times he will say he's going to call me and doesn't. He said he was going to come see me at work but was a no show.
Should I put up with his empty words? I tried to tell him how I felt but it didn't do any good.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If your mother, sister, daughter or best friend came to you and said:

"I know this wonderful guy. Have known him for three years. Sometimes he's so nice but sometimes he's downright mean. He gets moody often and withdraws. And lately he's been behaving like he's very irritated and he's been meaner than usual. He says he'll call and doesn't. Asks me out, then is a no-show and in fact, takes someone else out. Says he'll stop by but doesn't. I've told him it hurts me but he doesn't seem to listen. Should I just stand by and wait for him or should I just let him go?"

What would you tell your friend, mother, daughter or sister?