It's been a week

Old 06-06-2005, 09:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's been a week

Since I got a restraining order.

How is it? PEACEFUL.

I heard through a mutual aquaintence that the former ABF is going to AA every day. Is not drinking. And if that's true, that's good. It's like I told that person, it'll make him a better BF for the next woman he falls for.

After a little while, I finally "caught on". This person was "fishing"...I suspect on behalf of my former ABF. It made me stop and think...and to be honest, if he NEVER EVER has another drink, if he NEVER EVER rants at another person, if he NEVER EVER is out of control, I would NEVER EVER go back. There was too much hurt, too much water passed under the bridge to ever trust again.

My life is peaceful. I can sleep. I worried a bit about the financial situation and that window opened, you know the one that opens when a door closes?
I've been the notary at three home closings in the past four days! And I've been asked at all three if I'm willing to do more.

I take my test for my Real Estate Class on the 24th...and when I pass it, I can schedule my state test. I feel as if doors are FLYING open....

Do I miss him? The man I first met...yes. But the one he showed himself to be? No.

And, in case you're keeping track, yes, I'm still seeing the other guy...the one my friends call Mr. Moonlight. It is a very chaste relationship. We see each other almost every day. We talk, we walk, we visit the beach, we go to the movies,we go to dinner. He opens my doors...he holds my hand, we still occasionally dance in the moonlight. His hand rests on the small of my back when I pass thru a door. He waits patiently while I shop. I've been seeing him four months. Does he have flaws? Yes. Do I like him anyway? Yes. Does he see my flaws? Yes. Does he like me anyway? Yes. But we're moving at a snail's pace...and like it that way.

The move is still on...but those people have still not moved. Court hearing is on the 3rd.

The moral of my story? Life goes on. I am a fifty mumble something woman who's traffic stopping days are long passed. Yet the tapestry of my life continues to get richer in color and depth. I no longer have that "going down the drain" feeling...instead I feel like my soul is soaring.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

WTL!!! Just the kind of post I like to read first thing in the morning! I am so happy for you.

The Universe rewards action, as you have proved.

Love you.

Minnie
xxx
Old 06-07-2005, 02:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

walkingtheline,you have made my day! Thanks for posting.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

What a great up lifting post.
I’m glad you are sleeping and feel safe.
Mr. Moonlight??? Look at you!
Old 06-07-2005, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

WTL - thank you for your post!!!!

How wonderful for you that things are going so well. You HP must really love you
Old 06-07-2005, 07:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What an inspiring post!
Old 06-07-2005, 07:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It is a very chaste relationship. We see each other almost every day. We talk, we walk, we visit the beach, we go to the movies,we go to dinner. He opens my doors...he holds my hand, we still occasionally dance in the moonlight. His hand rests on the small of my back when I pass thru a door. He waits patiently while I shop. I've been seeing him four months. Does he have flaws? Yes. Do I like him anyway? Yes. Does he see my flaws? Yes. Does he like me anyway? Yes.
What a beautiful description!!! Give me a gentleman everyday - by that I mean a gentle man. I have never had the first idea what people see in macho, very un gentle men - they do nothing except repulse me.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you soooo much. I needed to read this post today.

Hope is out there.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

WTL - good things come to those that wait - and your waiting and working on you is paying off big time! so happy for you!
Old 06-07-2005, 09:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Your description of your friend, is the kind of guy I someday hope to date that will do those things for me.

Your a lucky girl! Glad everything is going so great for you!!
Old 06-07-2005, 01:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I've been thinking alot about you lately....wondering how the TRO was going and if he was leaving you alone....I was also wondering how the new friendship was progressing as well. I am so happy for you...very inspirational to us all....hugs
Love, Patty
Old 06-07-2005, 03:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on all counts...your new career( best of luck with your test), the peacefulness finally in your life and the possibilities of the new man in your life. May things continue on the same path for you.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

god does open doors doesnt he.... what a beautiful post. i wish you the best of luck.

today someone called me precious. and for the first time in years. i felt like that. thanks to alanon, and learning, and truly living.

quietsins
Old 06-07-2005, 04:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That was nice quietsins. When I read someone called you precious, it gave me a nice feeling too. It means so much to be cared for and appreciated and it is so nice to be told.