Very odd!

Old 06-06-2005, 05:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Red face Very odd!

Well I don't think I will be running out of eggs, freezer bags, popcorn or meat anytime soon! This is some of the stuff x-abf decided to buy in huge Costco size portions (enough to feed a family of twelve and thensome) when he was here last. Makes me wonder what he was thinking, only to decide to leave a week later...?

Is this part of the insanity that goes along with the A thinking? I know I have no need for this much amount of stuff, as would "we" even when he was here.

CRAZY!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I dunno if it's an A thing but my xbf bought lots of stuff like toilet paper and beef jerkey from cosco. The big thing that he did that was very different than me was that he would go on huge shopping sprees at the regular grocery store. He would fill a shopping cart with tons of food...lots of cans of soup and frozen dinners. Several hundred dollars worth of groceries at once (and he was living alone). Prolly this was behavior he aquired during all those years he couldnt drive cause of dwis, but who knows.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Thats funny Searching; my x-abf would go on huge shopping sprees to! I don't know if its considered replacing a way to spend money for his gambling problem...??

I guess I can only chalk it up to his drunk talk and thinking. Knowing him being an A, makes him very unreilable.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i was always perplexed by the amount of food mine bought too. cept he didnt go to the warehouse bulk type stores....too far to drive i think. groceries are the one area i can really pinch pennies on,being alone....think about it, ya dont need much. and even when i went there the whole couple times a week, he didnt need that much more.
heres another odd thing...mine has lived in the same town for about five years now,maybe longer(his sense of time was screwed up too) and nine out of ten times if someone asks him or tells him where something is....hes got no clue!!!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 03:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

First let me say I personally love the warehouse stores - even though it's just me and my son I generally have enough food and toilet paper on hand for a family of ten. I'm not an A or crazy I just like knowing when I want something I have it - plus you really do save money buying in bulk. Okay, that being said I have no idea why your exABF did what he did but I do know I have been reading your posts and I think if you keep trying to figure out why he did what he did or said/thought what he did you will drive yourself crazy. Trust me I did the same thing when my exABF and I broke up. It's like my couselor said I cannot figure out why he does what he does because I am a sane person trying to figure the logic of an insane person. Save yourself a lot of grief - move on with your life.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

I am moving on with my life and I'm very proud of myself! I just think its rather funny, everytime I look into the cupboard and see this huge box of popcorn

I'm sure its part of his A thinking; just posted this to vent and reassure myself I'm still sane LOL!!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 04:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My x-abf would spend hours and hours (and hours and hours) in a store. I hated shopping with him. We went to Costco one time. We were there for about 2.5 hours and he ended up spending $400... he also lives alone... We were in Bed, Bath and Beyond for 3 hours one time. I nearly kicked his rear end!!
Old 06-07-2005, 04:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Think about this - perhaps it's a man thing and not an alcoholic thing? My husband LOVES Costco - I mean he could go there every day and walk down every aisle and not see anything new and still just love it. I'm the one you can always find on the booze aisle, esp. when we lived in California where they have the hard alcohol with the beer and wine.

Just a thought that it's some throwback to "providing" for the family???
Old 06-07-2005, 04:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Who Am I kidding-Thanks for you reply. Another reason I thought it was so odd is because a week later he says he can't live here anymore. Not something someone would do typically if they knew they wanted to stay awhile.