You just never know...

Old 06-03-2005, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You just never know...

I work almost 2000 miles from my "office". But I still here some of the "stuff".

One of our employees appears to have it all. She has a nice job, her hub owns a small business. In addition they bought another small business together and hired a manager for it. They're young, good looking, and seem to be on the upward ladder. They have two lovely children. They're active in their church, in sports...you get the idea. From the outside looking in, everything seems perfect.

Last night HE didn't come home. She went into panic mode. Notified the police. Our office printed 2000 flyers and everyone posted them all over town. Our boss offered a nice reward for info on his whereabouts.

He wandered in around 5 pm today. You guessed it...drunk on his backside, and tells the wife he's not sure where he was. She called the boss to thank him...sobbing...and admitted he had had "lost" evenings before but he "promised to stop".

*SIGH* I ache for her...and am oh so familiar with the rode she's travelling.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
Well, normally it is very quiet here, guess having the windows open also lets in the all too Remembered ~ like it was my Past... Another woman screaming at her abf in the parking lot, ... "you could just be sober, why can't you just be sober" etc...he was screaming slurred alibis...and seemed to go. I don't know... maybe he got a dui today, or any of a number of things that happen while you are drunk... I felt for her, knowing how this can be and grateful I'm little by little getting past this.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

WTL....another sad example how how people should not compare thier insides to another outisdes.

The disease is non-discriminatory. Its the wealthy, poor, succesful, struggling, old, young.

We never know what goes on behind closed doors. Lets pray for your friend!
Old 06-03-2005, 11:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is so sad. And it's everywhere. I realised the other week that my neighbour is an alcoholic. I got the vibes the first time I met him, but I thought that I was hyper sensitive. Unfortunately not. He's a pretty quiet drunk, but my heart aches for his g/f. Hopefully there will come a time when I can share some of my ES&H. All in good time.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh Dear - it is true - it can happen to anyone - young, old rich or poor.
The poor woman - I think I would have waited a while longer before I made such a fuss...I am sure she will learn the hard way unfortunately