I knew it was too good

Old 05-31-2005, 10:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I knew it was too good

to be true. I have been away so long. I thought everything was just peachey. AH hadn't drank for 2 months and he was great everything was going so well. My mom took me and the kids to disneyland, he was invited to go but said he couldn't because of work. Well of course he drank while i was gone, I came back and it was in the garage.

Then we went camping last weekend and he bought some beer, he didn't drink it in front of me I just happened to see the reciept, no I wasn't snooping.

Now I'm pretty sure he is doing it after work again on the way home. He's starting to act the same way again too and I don't think I want to live through this again. He can suck the fun outta anything.
good to be back again, I'm sorry it's under these circumstances but good to be here none the less.
Mindi
Old 06-01-2005, 12:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Mindi)))

I am glad you're back, however I wish it were under different circumstances.

You know we're all here for you.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 06-01-2005, 02:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Reading here and knowing what I feel - I get more sure that the hardest thing of all is when drinking starts again after a break, hard for us I mean.

Sometimes I have a snoop in the 'alcoholism' forum and I find it really encouraging to hear people cheer each other on not just through successes but through failures too, it seems most had many failed attempts under their belt.

All that said, I don't think anyone should have to live a life with all the fun sucked out of it!!

Glad you're back but I'm with Minnie and wish it was under better circumstaces.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ditto. Life shouldn't be this hard.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If he's not in a program of some sort his chances of relapse are great. I'm sorry.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Mindi, I feel your pain. Me too. Have a better day
Sarah Elizabeth
Old 06-01-2005, 08:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry you had to come back to that after a nice vacation. OH I hope things get better or you get out. YOu deserve to live a normal, stable life that is rewarding!
Old 06-01-2005, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey thanks guys. One day at a time huh!
He is not working a program and he is so far from it.
Glad to be back thanks for the welcome.
Mindi
Old 06-01-2005, 01:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Funny when you said snooping, I actively combed the house for his stash of beer. He got pretty good at eluding me. He said after going in the program, that towards the end when drinking it got harder to deceive me and hide his alcohol. He never did deceive me, even though he often lied to me. I always knew even though he told me otherwise. I would check his on-line bank statement , to see how much he spent on alcohol( he gave me the password) and then would use his band card to purchse it...brilliant for deceptive purposes
Do you think he had been drinking the whole time and just hiding it from you? or was using that oppurtunity to drink. I hope he can get back on track for your family sake.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

awww mindi - glad to see you back - we missed you but it certainly does suck that he's at it again! (((()))))
Old 06-01-2005, 06:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I've appeared since you were gone but, none the less, am sorry to hear about this happening. It is so discouraging when they have time under their belt and then begin using. I guess that it's a good time to begin to figure out what you will and won't tolerate and then stick to it. If he wants to change, then how is he going to do it? If he isn't going to change, then how are you going to do it? No one can make your mind up - only you know what will work for you. Keep us posted and good luck!
Old 06-01-2005, 06:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((((MINDI)))))

I missed you

My H hasn't drank since March 7. I'm waiting for the shoe to drop. My mom always told me, if it seems to good to be true it usually is.

I agree with the above. I wish you were back under better circumstances. But you know we are family and will always be here for you.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Gracey

Hi Mindi

I have missed you Like the others I am sorry you are back under these circumstances, we are all here for you.